Chapter 22

Song: Cassis by The Gazette

Law's POV

"Master?" I questioned. "Yeah, master." Yuki smiled. "Why don't you call me by my name?" I asked. Yuki looked up and tilted her head in confusion. "I don't know you... Or your name." She whispered. "What?" I whispered. "You don't remember me?" My heart shattered. "N-No... I'm sorry... I only remembered getting hit by a truck, that's all." Yuki stuttered.

Tears welled up eyes and I stared in her with shock. "You've got to be kidding me, right?" I croaked out. "I-I'm sorry... I don't know you..." She mumbled. I stood up and stared at her in disbelief. "Then what do you remember?" I asked her. "I do remember someone taking care of me, saying that he love me and all and bringing me to scho- oh! And this guy named Killer hugged me because we won a game and a chef whose eyebrows looked weird, two girls were mean to me and all..." She told me and smiled.

"And you don't even have a slightest clue on who I am?" I told her. "N-No..." She mumbled. I let out a sigh and went out of her room. I just couldn't believe that Yuki forgot me.

If it weren't for that truck.

Yuki's POV (When she was dying)

"Yuki!" Those were the last words before I saw light blinding my eyes. "W-Who's there?..." I mumbled timidly. "Do you want to live?" A deep voice was heard.

"W-Where am I-"

"Answer me." The voice interrupted me.

"Y-Yes..."

"There'll be consequences," He said. "What is it then?" I asked. "You'll forget the greatest memory that you've encountered, and that person too." He told me. "I still want to live!" I told him, looking around to find who said that.

"Very well then." He said.

And I woke up to an unfamiliar place... And saw Law sitting infront of me, crying. "L...Law..." I croaked out. His head quickly shot to me as tears formed on the brim of his eyes.

One of his hands supported my back and the other on the back of my head as Law crashed himself into me. "Don't ever do that again, you hear me?!" He sobbed into her shoulder. I wrapped my arms around his body. Suddenly, my vision got black and it when back to normal again.

"Don't you ever try to sacrifice your life just because of me, understand?" A man cried and massaged my back. I didn't knew what he was talking about so I replied to him. "Yes," I pulled back and looked into those strange eyes, "Master."

Law's POV

I went back home and stomped to my room, dissapointed on what had just happened. I went to my bed and sat on it. Just think of someone you loved completely forgetting you, that's how I felt right now. I let out a loud groan and took an item near me and threw it to a wall. The nightlamp shattered to the walk and I stared at it.

It was shattered like my heart.

There was no point going back to the hospital anyways, Yuki doesn't remember me and she's gonna think that I'm just a random guy bringing her somewhere that she doesn't now.

Well, I have to try to get her memory back.

I stood up from my bed and went to my car.

I'll get Yuki's memory back for sure.