《Chapter 3》

•°'°•☆•°'°•

Bright rays of sunshine seeped through the curtains of the bedroom which caused me to groan and pull the covers over my head.

I tossed and turned for a whole five minutes before fully waking up. That stupid sun knew very well that once I was awake, I always struggled to go back to sleep.

Darn you beautiful nature!

I pulled off the covers and sat upright on the bed. Rubbing my eyes lightly, I then stood up and managed to trip over my own bed covers in the process.

"Bernett?" Mother spoke which caused me to bite my bottom lip, a habit I tend to have when trying to restrain myself from offending people.

That mouth of mine was quite creative when it came to arguing.

I stood from my position and made my way towards the bathroom in an attempt to ignore her. Yes, I was planning on giving her the silent treatment. Quite mature of me, I know.

"I'm sorry." She apologized with such sadness laced in her tone, it made my heart ache.

I knew I said I'd forgive her after that incident last night. But I didn't want her to think that what she did was right.

I turned to face her and she looked completely broken, the puffy rings around her eyes were proof that she had cried herself to sleep.

She removed her gaze from her hands laid out in front of her, to meet my hazel ones which I had inherited from David. It reminded her of him although she never declared it out loud.

"I really am sorry, I don't know what came over me. I missed him so much I had to do something about it. I needed to meet him here for myself and get some closure. You must be thinking that I'm selfish for doing this but you deserve to know too, I'm sure you have many questions to ask him." She proclaimed, and I knew that there was some truth to her words.

"You wouldn't have agreed if I told you –- so I just chose not to. Please forgive me?" She pleaded.

"I'm such a terrible mother." She whispered and placed her head in her hands. Then I rushed by her side.

"You're not a terrible mother." I corrected and removed her hands from her face to hold them in mine.

I wanted to tell her so bad, that David was the 'terrible one' but even I knew that would start up another crying session.

"You need to go take a shower." She stated and gave me a playful smile, she always did that.

Completely changing the subject to anything else that didn't involve David.

"I forgive you." I finally admitted.

Although I might've been slightly, no, not slightly –– I was actually very hurt by her dishonesty. But I knew I couldn't be mad at her forever and unlike someone else, she still stayed – she never abandoned me.

Mother caught me off guard when she wrapped her arms around me, but my arms automatically held her close.

I didn't want to risk having unresolved issues with mother because if that hoodie guy ever decided on killing me –– who'd arrange my funeral? Hopefully it wouldn't come to that, seriously, hopefully.

"You know what?" I questioned with a playful smirk.

"What?" She queried.

"You need to take a shower too." I answered and dashed into the bathroom, dodging the pillow she'd tossed at me.