《Chapter 6》

•°'°•☆•°'°•

The noise caused by a door being slammed, startled me a bit. I turned to the source and realized that Noah was no longer in the drivers seat. Instead, he marched his way to Zayn.

That didn't seem too good.

Before I could even register what I was doing, I got out of the car and raced to stand in between the two.

"Bernett, get out of here." Noah ordered through gritted teeth. I probably did the dumbest thing, I ignored him.

I raised both of my arms to the side as a way to prevent them from doing something audacious. Noah stood behind me and I could tell that he was fuming, his heavy breathing was proof.

"I said get out of here, Bernett!" Noah repeated with so much anger laced in his tone but I ignored him, again.

"You wouldn't do anything even if she weren't here Cooper." Zayn had the nerve to say.

I looked up at him and noticed that he was already looking down at me.

"You're one terrible guy aren't you." I stated and glared at him.

I silently prayed that he wouldn't use his gun on me. Who even brought guns to school, he must've been insane!

"You love attention, you're no different to that idiot over there." Zayn began to say.

"Stop forcing yourself into matters that don't concern you." He then added before taking a step closer to me. Either to intimidate me or worse –- to get better aim for whenever he decided to shoot.

I felt Noah pull me back and I yanked my arm away from his hold.

"The only one seeking attention here is you, people usually carry guns around to use them. It's not just for show." I stated before taking a step closer to him as well.

I was simply playing along to his game of seeing who was more intimidating, him or me. And I was pushing his buttons, I knew that for sure, the way he clenched his jaw gave it away.

"Put your girl on a leash Noah. Or I might." Zayn retorted which caused me to fold my arms and roll my eyes in annoyance.

Noah must've had enough at that point because his fist was aimed straight at Zayns face. I shouldn't have gave him such an opening, good grief – at least I was not affected by it.

Even though I was graced to not get a single scratch from Noahs punch –- Zayn managed to gain himself a cut on his bottom lip.

He then glared at Noah, it was quite evident that he was furious. Provoking him was clearly not the best move.

"You're full of shit you know that. And pulling that stunt at the café was so low –- even for you." Noah accused.

Was he talking about those gunshots? I knew it had nothing to do with the police!

"It's pretty familiar, don't you think? After what you did at the Sponesca." Zayn argued, his fists were clenched – I was pretty sure he planned on aiming it at Noah at any moment.

"Don't!" I yelled and tried to push Zayn away but he didn't budge.

I turned and decided to pull Noah instead. But it was too late Zayn got the opportunity to punch him right in the gut.

Although, I wasn't the victim, I felt the punch equally as much because of how Noah stumbled back into me.

"I'm sure Damien sent you the message. Don't mess with one of mines." Zayn informed Noah who was currently in a crouching position to ease the pain.