A little delay

Chapter 11:

We're out of nightfall and we're in the I-70. On our way to the plantation, we suddenly stopped. Ivan told me in the radio that there is a road block, on the road. I looked at my companions for advice but they just shrugged. He also said there's zombies at the road block, so I grabbed my gun and head outside. Ivan's car was at the front, the humvee was the second, mine was the third, Lester's was behind, and the last was the ambulance. Everyone was outside, checking out the strange road block..

Ray: What's this about a barricade?

Ivan: Well, brother, you see, we were driving and-

Ray: Cut to the point.

Ivan: There's this barricade in the way with a bunch of zombies. I don't wanna risk getting killed so I stopped at a fair distance. It seems they haven't spotted us yet.

Ray: Why is there a roadblock in the first place?

Michael: Probably bandits use it to threaten people easily, it's being a dick 101.

Nathan: Well, should we destroy it?

Ray: Step aside, John, James! Come here!

John: Roger.

James: Right.

Ray: My name is not Roger Right, now follow me.

Ivan let out a chuckle from my joke, me and my squad was in position and we started taking potshots of the zombies. When the coast is clear, however, more showed up.

Ray: Where the hell are they coming from?!

John: Guess the guns make noises or something.

James: Well, we can't risk alerting a horde. Someone destroy that barricade!

Toucan: Driver, big guy, with me.

Toucan, Driver, and Nathan approached the barricade, we were giving them covering fire from the oncoming zombies. They were gathering up in numbers and we can't risk our men getting infected. I ordered them to retreat and called Philip, Andrew, and Matthew to take care of it, instead. After a while, John's mother sensed a horde is coming, I had to act fast. I ordered them to retreat so that all of us will go back to our vehicles. After they did, I threw an explosive charge at the barricade. This will surely attract more, but I have to act fast. The charge disintegrated the barricade and we can now move freely. We then got out of there as fast as we can. We got out of there and we missed the horde. I then turned to my companions to ask what they thought.

Ray: So, what do you guys think?

Michael: Bandits are complete dicks.

Mass: I second that.

Carol: I have a feeling that's not our first barricade.

We thought our troubles are over, until suddenly we stopped, again. We thought it was another barricade but, apparently not. Turns out, Ivan's car got busted and needs repairs. Me, Ivan, and Thomas went and check on it. Turns out the spark plug got worn and it needs a new one, luckily I got a spare. Ivan and Thomas went ahead and repair it, though, the horde may be far, but we need to prepare for when they come. In the meantime, I went around and talk to my colleagues. I first talked to Michael and Nathan, they were at my car and Nathan is drinking Ivan's brew.

Ray: Morning, fellas.

Michael: Ray! How are you?

Nathan: Morning to you too.

Ray: How you guys feeling?

Michael: Pretty good so far, as long as we don't stumble on to anymore road blocks, we should be fine. Those bandits man.