A call of help

Chapter 13:

Me and Carol head out the basement, I then saw Ivan waving at me, outside. The others already left, probably at their cottages. Michael and Nathan were talking at the stone wall of the plantation entrance.

Ivan: Ray, glad you're here, listen...uh...I'm not a very good DJ and you seem to be the only one with the-

Ray: I got it, brother, Carol, you wanna see me in action?

Carol: Always~

Ivan: The tension between you two, honestly.

Michael: What a quick mood change, Ray. Last time you always turn her down.

Ray: Yeah, um... The truth is we could always boink at that house before.

Carol: What?

Ray: Yeah, it was already safe if I'm honest. I like to make people wait.

Carol: You bitch!

She punches my arm, and puts me in a headlock, giving me a noogie. My beret falls off but Ivan caught it

Carol: You made me wait!?

Ivan: I always told you, brother, don't make em' wait. Making them wait is like dangling a steak on a starving man.

Michael: Or a zombie.

Nathan: Just basically being a bait to a zombie strap on with meat.

Ray: Aghh! Okay, I'm sorry! I'm sorry!

Carol: You suck!

Ivan then laughs

Ivan: Alright, enough you two. You can boink later, right now, your golden voice is needed.

Ray: Carol...

Carol: Fine, also, forget about that safe word.

Michael: Carol!

Nathan: You'll wear him out!

Ivan: Oh wow!

Ray: Help...

Carol: Well, what are you waiting for?

Ray: Do be honest, I'm kinda scared right now.

Carol: Oh, I'll make you scared~

She then lets go, she gives me a playful punch but I flinched. She giggles and Ivan gives me back my beret, he then leads me to the radio station. It has a giant radio tower on its side, it's a square studio painted in plain white, it's one stories tall and it has two doors on either side, it also has windows on either side, inside was a typical studio, except it's cheap. The 'on air' sign is dark, and the microphones are dusty. Michael wears his respirator. We dust off the equipment and Ivan gestures me to the chair. Michael, the only one having the knowledge to use the equipment, turned it on. Nathan takes a sip of Ivan's brew. Seems Ivan got a customer. Ivan then dust off the headphones and wears it on his head. Carol made a cute sneeze and I laughed. She also puts on the headphones. I sit on my chair, it was also dusty, I dusted off the dust because I don't want it dusty. The lights went on and the equipment made a moan of activation. I put the microphone near my mouth and made a few vocal practices. Michael then gives me a thumbs up 'ready?' sign. I nodded at him and the 'on air' sign lit up red. I inhaled.

Ray: Good morning apocalypse! This is DJ Ray of... PT radio.

They gave me a confused look, I should've told them what's the name gonna be.

Ray: I'm sorry folks, I just made that right in my head very quickly. Quick disclaimer! I can't really talk to you! My thingy that makes me take calls is busted! Oh wait, nevermind! It's not busted! I should really be taking calls but I'm too lazy to do so!