Messy Hall (AKA. We Have a Dam Food Fight)

It's a Percy Jackson thing.  #Sorrynotsorry

-Blast's POV-

     Blast stared, bewildered, as the girl called Dawn walked out of the hall.

     "That seriously just happened." said Blast.  The others didn't reply, to overwhelmed by information.  They didn't have anything against girls, but like no one expected THIS.  And she was everything a soldier shouldn't be.  Headstrong.  Snarky.  Overly confident.

     "What... are we going to do?" asked Oak, recovering speech.  Blast sighed.

     "What else?" he replied, fitting his helmet back on.  "Get ready for dinner."

---

     20 minutes later, Blast and the squad.. well, part of the squad, were walking through the hallways.  They had left their helmets and most of their equipment back in their rooms, but they still wore most of their armor and each had a blaster strapped to their hips.  It was taught to always have armor and a weapon when you weren't in your bunks.

     Obviously Dawn had a separate bunk, because (reasons I don't really need to explain), plus he had never seen her before.  They walked in through the auto-sliding doors and into the Mess Hall.

     Most troopers were already there, a sea of copper skin and styled black hair in buzz cuts.  The Prism squad walked towards to their usual table, near the center of the whole palooza.

     "Do you think... the trooper will be here yet?" asked Rider.  Blast scanned over the heads of others and heard a surprised yelp from the middle of the room.  A large trooper was standing with what looked like squashed ration bars on his face.

     "When in doubt..." said Blast.  Oak shrugged and they pinked their way towards the center, where the trooper was glowering at a familiar face. 

     "Your gonna pay for that," said the large trooper, pointing his finger at Dawn's chest.  "You don't disrespect O!"

     Dawn cocked an eyebrow and settled her face into a disinterested look.  Her hair was now up in a ponytail, but she wasn't wearing armor like she was supposed to.  Blast rolled his eyes.  She seemed the type.  Instead, she was wearing a maroon tunic tied at the waist with black pants and black... where those combat boots?

     "I'm sorry, did you say something?  I couldn't hear you over your ego," she said.  When he tried to reply, she just talked right over him.  "O, right? As in Oh my gosh or Oh shoot or Oh I want to get shot in the face so now I should sit down and eat because I'm pretty sure it's your fault I now don't have half my food!"

     From the position they were standing in, it looked like... oh no.  It looked like O had thought Dawn was bringing him an extra tray for some reason and tried to take it from her offhand, thinking she was a droid out of the corner of his eye.  Judging from the yellow goop dripping from his face, Dawn hadn't appreciated it.

     "Woah woah woah, break it up!" said Bright, stepping forward to push the two apart.  He was nice that way, but Blast would give half his credits to say that there was no way Dawn was backing down.  The eyes that hadn't already been watching the scene unfold turned towards them.

     Oak growled, (literally growled I mean who does that) and pushed Bright away.  "I can tell you what to do," he shouted back, even though they were like a foot apart.  "I don't even know what you are!  A droid?  A service maid?  What are you doing here if your not here to bring me food!"  He raised her tray and slapped the rest of Dawn's food across her face, knocking her down.