Words and Deadly Weapons with Friends

-Dawn's POV-

     Instead of going to lunch, Dawn went sparring.  Green blades clashed as she and Ahsoka danced around the wide open space.  It was raining outside (of course), and the sound of muffled thunder boomed inside.

     Dawn was supposed to be having a last check-in with Jedi Master Shaak Ti, but she was away sorting something out.  Something with a lot of fives and a droid?  So Dawn was talking with Ahsoka, who would leave later that day, instead.

     "I told you, I'm fine," said Dawn gently.  (As gently as she could while sparring with deadly weapons)  "I'm 14 years older than you Ahsoka, you're not my babysitter."

     "I know," said Ahsoka. "But-"

     "Let me guess, you can sense something wrong?"  Dawn finished for her.  She lowered the lightsaber she borrowed from Ahsoka.  She sat down on a crate.  "I don't know...  It's just, training isn't hard or anything, I may have accidentally started a food fight or two, but I'm a little nervous..."

     "I know what your worried about," said Ashoka, putting her hands on top of Dawn's.  "I worry about losing troopers every day.  But we're fighting for what's right, and we have to believe that."

     Dawn stood, angry.  "I watch troopers every month march off for this war, if they even make it through training.  A lot of them will die, and there was nothing I could do."

     But it was impossible to stay mad at Ahsoka.  Dawn deflated, crumpling her already-messed-up hair.  "Rider asked me something earlier."  Dawn said, her eyes closed.  "He asked me if I was a Jedi."

     "And I'm not, I'm just a trooper, trying to help us win this war.  But what if I was, I thought, I could save so many more people, all the clones that are born just to die, I could help them, I could win this war faster!"

     Ahsoka winced.  "You really feel that way?" she asked.  Dawn nodded, and she continued.  "The jedi-" she hesitated, "-we are powerful, but no one can save everybody.  Sometimes I feel like it doesn't do anything.  We all want the war to end, but some things even we can't control."

     Dawn muttered something like 'being silly,' and Ahsoka laughed quietly.  "No, your not.  I know how you feel.  But the final test is today, so you can go help your brothers as not a Jedi, but a trooper, a loyal friend, someone who they can turn to always."

     Dawn smiled.  "You're the boss," she teased, grabbing a lightsaber and flipping it up into her hand.  Ashoka laughed and they went off sparing for the rest of lunch.

     Yeah this chapter is pretty short and not a lot of humour, but I hope ya like it!  I just wanted to get in another scene with Ahsoka.  Next chapter will be the practice test.  Don't forget to vote and comment!

May the Force be with you,

Jedi Master Swift