Chapter 3: Trouble

THE DOCTOR P.O.V

I woke up. My back was stiff from the cheap bed. Clara was already up, she nodded at Karliah who was snoring like a bear. Clara stuck her fingers in her ears. I quietly walked out of my room, Clara in tow.

"How's everything Clara?"

"Well, I'm trying to figure out who's more crazy, you or her."

"And?"

"Leaning towards her."

"Good girl."

Clara snickered. I saw her looking across the room. A couple was sitting at a table together laughing, sharing stories. They got up holding hands, and walked away.

"Do you miss him?" I asked Clara. She sighed.

"Why did it have to happen to him? Now he doesn't even have a grave, because he turned into a cyberman beforehand! The universe hates me right now. And when all my students ask me about Danny, if he really was a cyberman..." She started crying. I put my arm around her shoulder.

"I'm not gonna tell you it's okay Clara. Because it's not. But feast on the not okay, so you can use it later. And learn from it."

Then I heard a roar. I spun around. A giant creature crashed through the walls. It roared again and the inn started on fire. Clara screamed, as the staircase collapsed from the flames. We were stuck up here. I sprinted back into the room.

"She ditched us!" I said, pounding my fists on the table.

"Doctor! I found a way!" Clara motioned to me and I ran after her. She opened a door to the balcony. I pulled a rope off the wall and tied it to the railing. I motioned for Clara to climb down. I came down after her. Then I saw Karliah fighting the dragon. She looked like she was winning. Clara cheered, but then it knocked Karliah into the wall of one of the buildings. She didn't get up.

"Crap."

All of a sudden, the dragon lurched forward. It looked like it had been hit with something. It flew up into the air, but there was a flash, and something shot right through it. It screeched, and fell down dead.

"Wait a minute..."

"DANNY!" Clara screamed, and ran towards the cyberman.

"Wait, Clara! It could be any cyberman! It could still want to..." I stopped as I saw Danny holding Clara in his metal arms.

KARLIAH P.O.V

My body hit the wall and I blacked out. I woke up to a burning smell. I coughed and blinked. My vision went back to normal and I could see I was in the Bannered Mare, but it was on fire. I coughed as I stood up. I groaned and looked around. The Doctor and Clara weren't there. I swore under my breath and took a step forward, but only to fall back down. My left leg hurt like hell. I cringed and stood back up. I maneuvered around the wall, using it to balance on. I hopped over to the entrance, which of course, was blocked. I found that out when I got there. I looked up to see an opening in the roof. A plank that was resting against it, was my way out of here. I started to climb up to the roof. I grabbed hold of the edge right before the plank split in two. I pulled myself up and onto the roof. But it wasn't over yet, I had to get off of this thing before it collapsed onto itself. I stood up and limped over to the edge where I looked down and saw guards rushing back and forth with buckets filled with water, trying to put out the fire. I saw The Doctor and Clara with... wait, was, was that a Dwemer Centurion?! How are the guards not seeing this?! I hopped down off of the building, I didn't care about my leg right now, I just needed to protect the city. I charged forward the best I could with my leg. I drew my Deadrick knife and pounced on the back of the thing. I raised my dagger in the air and came down on his neck. I heard Clara scream as I stabbed it multiple times. The thing threw me off of its shoulders and turned towards me. I landed next to a market stand. I shook my head and stood back up. But, the thing had the face of a man... What was wrong with it?

THE DOCTOR P.O.V

What was she doing!

"Danny!" Clara yelled.

" Who's Danny!? Its a Dwemer Centurion! A Dwemer Centurion who I'm going to kill!" Karliah screamed at him. She pulled out a sword from her side, then charged at him. Danny ducked, and grabbed the sword. He yanked the sword away from her. She flipped backwards then stood up.

"I WILL KILL YOU!" She screamed at Danny. Then something in her changed. I heard snapping noises coming from her. She got taller. Danny backed up and Clara went behind him. Her face elongated, and fangs jutted out. Clara screamed, and Danny raised his arm. A small arm cannon came out of the top. A small rocket flew at her. It exploded on her, creating a cloud of smoke. Danny's eyes were still locked on that cloud of smoke. The next part seemed to happen in slow motion. I could hear our own hearts beating. Karliah, or whatever she was, leaped at Danny. He jumped out of the way. She swung at him, and missed. Then she threw a punch at him.

RING!!!!!!!!!!!

The power of the sound waves knocked us off our feet. I could still hear the ringing in my ears. All the flames extinguished from the shockwave. I clutched my hands over my ears.

KARLIAH P.O.V

At first I was telling myself over and over again not to turn into my beast form, but once I was knocked back, I couldn't help it. I grew taller, the change hurt a bit, my bones stretched and my skin ripped, but in the end I was fine. I charged at him, ready for battle, I wouldn't stop until it was dead. I punched him and a loud booming noise echoed through the city streets, but the two of us were barely fazed. It was shooting at me, but my skin was like stone, but this thing wasn't showing signs of stopping either. I then just decided to tackle the thing to the ground. I pounced and with all the strength in my body I started pushing down. He was resisting but I wasnt gonna give up. Then his arm came reaching over and he grabbed my neck and threw me to the ground. I let out a growl and arched my back. I looked at the three of them. It seemed to be protecting Clara the most. I bared my teeth and I could feel my hairs bristle with anger. I lept forward at Clara and pinned her down. I managed to get 5 good slashes to her face while her screaming in pain and agony before being yanked away from her and flung into the doors of The Bannered Mare. The already weak wood broke as I flew through it, causing the whole building to come crashing down on me. I struggled under the planks but I decided to lay there. Then I just blacked out.