Chapter Three: Raid Party Meeting

It had been 2 months since the panic in the Town of Beginnings. During that time, around 2,000 people had died already whether it was from being killed by monsters, other players, their brains getting fried, or suicide. You on the other hand, had spent, most if not all, your time levelling and honing your skills. Sometimes you thought where your body in the real world had been. Was it still in bed where you had left yourself? Did your mom finally decide to check on you and bring you to the hospital when she heard about the news? You didn't know and you don't know if you would ever know. With how long it took to just find the boss on the first floor, beating this game would take forever. Not to mention the fact that you might not even survive to get to 2nd floor. No. I'll make it. You thought to yourself as you closed your eyes.

It was sunny, the sun shining into your e/c eyes. You were walking on a concrete path heading towards the boss meeting. The wind blew your black hood, making it fly off. The warmth made you close your eyes to further absorb the feeling. You bumped into someone, causing them to stumble backwards. You opened your eyes to see who you were going to apologize to. "Sorry- Kirito?!" you said surprised. He looked up his eyes wide with shock. "Y/n! It's been a while." He said scratching the back of his head and smiling awkwardly. You held your hand out to help him up. "You haven't changed. You should pay attention more often." Kirito said, patting your head. You elbowed him in the stomach and chuckled. "Shut up, Kirito. Where have you been? I couldn't find you after you led Klein and I out of the crowd..." you said with a small hint of sadness in your voice. Kirito looked at you and said, "Sorry, y/n. I turned around and you weren't there." You scratched your face. "Yea, I guess that was my fault... You heading to the boss meeting?" You asked, changing the subject. "Yea, let's walk together?" Kirito asked with a smile on his face. "Sure." You said blushing and looking away.

You and Kirito walked to the meeting, conversing about how you both spent your time since the incident and getting to know each other. You both were about the same age and beta testers. "I never would've thought you would be into VRMMOs." He chuckled lightly. You put him in a headlock and rubbed the top of his hair. "What's that suppose to mean, huh?" You said pretending to be mad. "Ah-nothing-stop!" Kirito said. You let go of him and chuckled a little bit. Kirito rubbed the back of his neck and blushed. "You're pretty strong." He said as you continued walking. "Yea, well... I've had the time." You said. It had been a while since you actually laughed and smiled with someone. You were solo, both in the real world and the virtual world. It was nice to be able to talk to Kirito. You didn't realize you were staring at him. "What is it, y/n?" Kirito asked with a concerned voice. "Ah, nothing." You said waving your hands awkwardly and blushing. You looked ahead and sat down next to Kirito as you both arrived at the meeting. Kirito looked at you with concerned eyes but brushed it off. "It's always nothing." He said under his breath and sighing. "What'd you say?" You said, not hearing him. "Oh, I said there's quite a few people here." He said while scratching his neck. I forgot about the eavsdropping skill. I should watch out haha. Kirito thought to himself and chuckled.

A blue haired knight-looking man was standing at the bottom of the area. He was the leader of the raid party, so you assumed. He grabbed everyone's attention and started to speak. His name was Diavel. As he continued to speak, he was interrupted by a spiky haired guy. He reminded you of a cactus. His name was Kibao and he went on and on about how beta testers should give up all of their stuff and apologizing to all the newer players. You scoffed at his statements, but realized Kirito was squeezing his eyes and clenching his fists. You put a hand on his back amd asked, "Hey, are you okay-" But, you were interrupted by a large man that stood up to Kibao. His name was Agil and he presented the guide book that was provided with information about the game from the beta testers. They both sat down, Kibao crossing his arms with a slight tint of pink on his face from embarassment. Kirito sighed with relief. "I'm okay, thanks." He said looking at you and giving you close-eyed smile. You blushed and removed your hand from his back and stuffed both of them in your pockets.

"Now, please get into parties of 6." Diavel said. You sighed and slumped in your seat. Kirito panicked and looked around. "Hey, chill out. We can form a party." You chuckled at him. He blushed. "O-Okay." He said and invited you to a party. You pressed the green circle. Your stomach filled with butterflies. Stop it, idiot. You thought to yourself, not enjoying the feeling. Kirito chuckled as he watched you furrow your eyebrows. He enjoyed watching you space out sometimes. "W-what?" You said, snapping out of your internal argument. Kirito just chuckled more. "S-stop!" You said hitting the back of his head. "Okay, okay!" He said rubbing his head with his right hand and waving at you with his left hand. You smiled slightly at his cuteness. No, I can't get attatched like that. You thought to yourself and stood up. "Let's go train for a bit before we head over to the boss." You said, giving him a slight smile. Kirito looked up at you and blushed. "Okay." He said and stood up, trailing behind you.