Chapter Thirteen

"Switch!"

You and Kirito were fighting in the dungeon on floor 74. It had been a while since you and Kirito fought together, let alone be in a party. Although it seemed different and a little odd, you both thought similarly.

Kirito jumped backward to give you more fighting room. In an instant, you sped forward and sliced the monster in front of you. Kirito was shocked, not expecting you to switch in so quickly. The timing and precision were perfect. Before he could even reach the ground, you had already killed off the monster, blue and green shards exploding and scattering everywhere.

Amazing...

Kirito stood there for a couple of seconds, staring at you as you sheathed your sword on your back and panted lightly. Sweat dripped down from your forehead from the constant nervousness and anxiety you had when fighting on the frontlines along with the fast=paced movement with the heavy swords you used. You started to feel uneasy, so you turned your head slightly to look behind you, catching Kirito's grey orbs already staring into yours.

"What is it?"

You turned your full body around to face Kirito and began to walk towards him. He snapped back to reality and looked away quickly, trying to hide the blush that began to form on his pale cheeks.

"N-nothing. It's just so much easier to fight alongside someone who knows what they're doing," Kirito said nervously.

"Oh, yeah I was thinking about that earlier too. See, I'm not so bad!" You joked as you playfully punched his shoulder.

Kirito looked at you with adoration. The smile on your face and the way you laughed with him made him so happy.

Kirito's thoughts were interrupted by the change of the atmosphere. He looked over at you, your laughs stopping immediately.

"Hey, what's that?" You asked, pointing to the left.

Kirito turned to look at the direction you were pointing at, his eyes widening immediately.

"I think that's the boss room," Kirito said, a hint of nervousness hidden in his voice.

It was silent for a moment. Both of you were thinking about the same thing. Should you guys try fighting it alone, or go back to gather more players to fight it?

"L-Let's just take a peek, yeah?" You suggested. You gulped down the nervous lump that sat in your throat.

"R-Right. Get a teleport crystal out just in case something happens."

You and Kirito cautiously walked over to the door. You both stood still, inches away from the two giant doors, anxiety filling the dungeon's space. You both gulped and placed your fists against the door. You looked at each other and nodded in confirmation before pushing open the doors.

At first, it was dark and silent, but you both knew that there was something waiting for their long overdue meal. Suddenly, blue fire appeared on multiple torches, starting from the ones closest to the door and continuing in a circle. Once all the torches were lit, your eyes widened in fear and shock as they made contact with bloodthirsty red ones. There sat a blue half-goat, half-human creature. The legs were furry and had hooves like a goat, the torso and arms were muscular like a male human, and the head was also furry and had a snout and horns like a ram. It also had a purple cobra snake as a tale that had blue eyes.

It slowly stood up and smashes it's sword against the ground to further intimidate the two of you. The name and health bars appeared and it roared loudly, immediately causing you and Kirito to run outside of the room and back to where you were when you were fighting the dungeon monsters.