Chapter Four: Beaters

It was time for the raid party to face the 1st floor boss. You and Kirito spent your free time before the boss to level and research the boss more. "You ready, Kirito?" You asked as you put on your hood. "Yea." He replied as you both started to walk. "Why do you wear a hooded cloak?" Kirito asked, pulling down your hood quickly. Irritated at his action, you flicked his forehead and put your hood back on. "Ow!" He said rubbing his forehead. "Shut up that didn't hurt." You said, continuing to walk. He blushed as he realized you were right. "I wear it to hide my physical features." You said, blushing under your (color) hood. "Like my face an body." You said. "Why? You're pretty." Kirito said. Both of you were shocked by his statement, resulting to both of you blushing uncontrollably. You hadn't responded yet. "S-sorry, y/n!" Kirito stammered. "N-no! It's okay. Thank you." You said, giving him a sweet smile. He sighed in relief and you both continued to walk toward the boss room.

"This is it, everyone. Let's win this!" Diavel said trying to encourage us. All of the raid party members cheered and rushed into the boss room. The giant doors reveiled a giant room with colored glass panes, like the ones you'd see in a church. The boss opened it's eyes, glowing red. It's snout looked like a wolf's with snarling teeth and large nostrils. It was red and had a round stomach. It's teeth were yellow and sharp. "Ilfang... the Kobald Lord." You whispered to Kirito. He nodded and gripped his sword on his back, pulling it out.

Diavel instructed the different parties to hold off the minions and lay blows on the boss. You and Kirito were plucking off the minions one by one, switching in and out. Kirito counter attacked a minion, making it vulnerable. "Switch!" he yelled for you. You sped past Kirito, charging up your sword skill, making your long-sword glow green. You slashed the minion with a 16-hit combo, causing it to disappear into blue shards. She's fast. Kirito thought to himself. He smirked and said "Nice job, y/n." You killed off another minion on your own.

Everyone looked at the boss as it roared loudly. "It's hp is almost down." You said, rushing next to Kirito. Ilfang threw up it's sword and shield and pulled out a new weapon. "I got it!" Diavel yelled, rushing past everyone. Wait what? I thought the plan was for everyone to attack it at once! Kirito and you thought simultaniously. "Wait, stop!" You yelled at Diavel. Kirito and Kibao looked at you. You saw a smirk on Diavel's face. You and Kirito looked at at each other, knowing that Diavel was going after the last attack bonus. Before Diavel could reach Ilfang, it shot up, jumping from pillar to pillar. It came down at lightning speed and slashed Diavel, sending him flying. "No! What were you thinking?" Kirito said rushing to give Diavel a health potion to drink. "Here." Diavel stuck his hand out, pushing the potion away. "You were trying to get the last attack bonus, weren't you?" Kirito asked. "You and her, you were beta testers too?" Diavel replied with a small smile. "Beat this game, beat it for all of us." Diavel said before disappearing in Kirito's arms.

Kirito stood up, his face covered with his raven black hair. "Let's go, y/n." He said quietly. You nodded as a reply. Kirito yelled, charging at the boss. Before he could hit it, Ilfang swung his sword, slashing Kirito. You rushed over towards him, giving him a potion. Before you could hand it to him, Ilfang rose his sword. You raised yours to defend Kirito, laying in your arms. Suddenly, Agil rushed infront of you and Kirito, countering Ilfang's attack. "We'll hold him off until you can get your health back up." Agil said, giving you both a teethy smile.

You stood up, charging up a sword skill and sped towards the boss, slicing it's bloated stomach. Suddenly, it's eyes started glowing a brighter red. It changed it's focus to you. It swung it's sword at you but you ducked just in time. But, it's sword got caught on your cloak, draining it's durability causing it to shatter into blue and green shards. Your h/c shone brightly because of the sparkling shards. Your fierce e/c eyes sparkled as you lunged towards the boss again. Kirito stared at your beauty, making his heart flutter. "Switch, Kirito!" You yelled. He snapped out of his dazed state and ran past you. He yelled as he charged up his sword and sliced the boss in half, driving his sword upwards. Ilfang the Kobald Lord was dead. There was a slight pause but then everybody cheered. "Good job Kirito! You got the last hit bonus." You said patting his head and giving him a sweet smile. He looked into your eyes and blushed, smiling back. "Yea man, good job." Agil said, his axe slung over his shoulder. "Thanks guys." Kirito replied.

"Why are you all cheering?!" Kibao yelled, his fists clenched around his weapon. "Diavel's dead! And, you two knew about it didn't you? You were beta testers! If you had known, you should've said something earlier!" He yelled, tears welling up in his eyes. You and Kirito didn't turn around. Kirito swallowed the lump in his throat, not knowing what to do next. "Kibao's right! You're not just beta testers, you're cheaters!... You're beaters!!" Another guy said, agreeing with Kibao. Suddenly, Kirito started chuckling. You looked at him with concern but he refrained from looking at you. "Hm, beaters huh? I like that. Wouldn't you agree, y/n?" Kirito said, looking at you. You got what he was hinting at, so you went along with it. You patted Agil's shoulder and slowly walked next to Kirito. "Aslong as you don't confuse us with those noobs." Kirito continued. He went on and on about yours and his experience within the game.

Kirito began to walk away, equipping a black coat with leather blue shoulders and metal dots. He began walking up the stairs and you followed behind him. "Hey, where are you going?" You said, stopping him. "You'll be fine on your own. You're strong and you could've easily taken down that boss without me in your party." Kirito said, looking over his left shoulder. You scoffed. "So you're just gonna leave me too. Just like everybody else. Should've known." You said, your heart broken. You stared at the floor thinking about how stupid you were to even think that you and Kirito would be able to work together, let alone be friends. You started to like him, he gave you attention and acted like he cared. Whatever. You thought to yourself. You didn't realize the tears welling up in your eyes. What the hell?! Why am I crying?" You thought to yourself. You quickly wiped your eyes before anyone noticed.

Kirito was watching you the whole time. "Y/n... I'm sorry. I didn't mean that-" Kirito tried to explain. "No, don't pity me. I'm use to it. If you don't want me to tag along then I won't." You said, brushing past him. He reached out for you, raising his right hand, trying to grip your clothing, but retreated as you walked away looking straight ahead, not turning back.

A/N
Sup shawtys. hope you're enjoying so far. No, Asuna will not be in this story. I didn't want to include her just because most of the Kirito x Readers that I've read has her as the enemy or his ex and it just seems repeatative. Hopefully y'all are enjoying this so far. I'm enjoying writing this story. If you're interested, I have another story called Draco Malfoy x reader and a Flash Imagines collection if you wanna check it out. And, there won't be a continuation going into ALO. Well, I don't really plan on it right now, but maybe. We'll see. Love you shawtys <3 Stay cool