Chapter Ten

"Hey Liz." You open the door to Liz's blacksmith shop. The small bell rang, notifying that a customer has entered. "Hey, y/n! I'm in the back!" Liz replied. You heard her rummaging as you approached the door leading to the back room. "Hey, you busy?" You asked her. "Nope, just cleaning up a bit. What can I do for ya?" She stood up straight, placing two hands on her hips. "Can you sharpen my sword for me, please?" You unepuipped your purple sword and held it infront of you for her to take. "Sure!" Liz replied with a grin. She dragged your sword over to her station amd sat down, struggling to pick it up. She took off the holster and began to sharpem the blade. You sat there, watching as red sparks flew from the metal to metal contact. "So," Liz began. You looked up at her as she spoke. "Who are you going on a date with?" She said with a smirk, looking back at you. "Wh-what?!" You asked, leaning back, surprised by her question. "Well, you seem to be daydreaming more than usual~" She teased. "I-It's not like that!" You blushed and turned your head. Liz peeked over her right shoulder and saw the small mood earings you were wearing. "Your earings tell me otherwise." You scoffed at her comments and crossed your arms. "Shut up." She laughed and gave you back your sword. "Thanks, Liz." You said, putting the sword on your back. "No problem. Good luck on your date." Liz said, wiggling her eyebrows. "I said its not like that!- Oh shoot, I've gotta go. See ya later!" You sped out of her shop, rushing to meet with Klein and his guild to help them with a quest. Well, whoever he is, he sure is a lucky guy. Liz sighed to herself as she thought about the guy you had feelings for.

Liz heard the bell from the entrance ring. Oh, another customer. "Hello?" Said a male voice. "I'll be right there!" Liz replied, making herself neat. Quickly, she went to the front desk and clasped her hands in front of her, giving her best smile with her eyes closed. "Hello, welcome to Liz's blacksmith shop! How may I.... help... you..." The customer was wearing all black. He was looking at all of the swords that were displayed, almost like you were when you first visited Liz. He doesn't look like he has much money... "If you're looking for a new sword, they aren't really cheap here..." "Yea, I'm not really worried about the price. Do you make custom swords?" Kirito asked, making eye contact with Liz. "Yea, I do but I need the right materials to-" "Great. Do you think you could make me a sword that is greater than or equal to this?" Kirito handed her his sword. She had a flashback of you walking into her shop, dressed in all black and asking the same question. Liz snapped out of her daze and held out her hands to pick up Kirito's sword but couldn't carry it. She tapped the sword to examine it's stats. "E-Eh?! An Elucidator?! This is the rarest dropped from a monster!" Liz exclaimed, surprised that he owned something like this. I used the last of the black metal that made your black sword to repair your gear. She thought to herself. Hm, maybe I'll give him the last masterpiece in my shop. "Well, I made a sword better than this one a while back, but I consider this my masterpiece." Liz said with pride amd she picked up a skinny rapier sword. "Thanks." Kirito said and grabbed it. He swung the sword, analyzing the feel of it. "It's kinda light..." He said to Liz, swinging it a couple more times. "Yea well, I forged it with a speed type metal." "Okay, let's test its durability." Kirito grabbed his Elucidator. He left the tip of the sword on the desk and held it by the handle with his left hand. In the other, he held Liz's sword above his head. "Wh-what?! Well, it won't be my fault if your sword breaks!" She stammered. "Well, if it breaks, then thats too-bad!" Kirito grunted as he swung Liz's sword onto his, breaking her blade in half. Silence filled the room as they watched the broke blade fall on the floor. Liz stammered and snatch her sword from her hands and stared at it until it disappeared into blue and green shards. She grabbed Kirito by his colar and held him close to her face. "What the hell did you do that for?!" "I didn't know your sword would break that easily." Kirito responded. "Ugh, just so you know, I could make hundreds of swords that would shatter yours in a thousand little pieces." Liz said, letting go of his colar and crossed her arms, turning her head away from Kirito as she furrowed her brows. Kirito smirked and crossed his arms. "That sounds like a sword that I'd want." "Oh yea? Well, I need all the materials-" "Yea, yea, just give me the list and I'll go get them for you." "No, I'm coming too!" Liz said. "Nah, I don't need anyone to slow me down. " "Hey now, don't be mean to Lizbeth." You said, walking into the shop, ringing the doorbell. "Y-y/n?!" Liz and Kirito stammered, surprised by your sudden pressence. "I thought you were helping Klein with a quest?" Kirito asked you. "Yea, well Klein didn't show up and he messaged all of us saying he got caught up in something, so I headed back here." You explained with a plain face. They know each other? Liz suspected but quickly brushed it off, thinking that your friend Klein was the guy you were crushing on. "Anyways, what'd Kirito do, Liz?" She explained everything that had happened before you showed up. You looked at Kirito and flicked his forehead. "Idiot. Both of us are going with you and that's final." You said with a stern voice but a straight face. Liz chuckled at Kirito's frustrated face. "Fine... Let's go then."