Chapter 22: Sick

Chapter 22: Sick

Nikki's POV

*One Month Later*

I had finally gotten the hang of being a "single mother". Justine would go to daycare everyday so I had time to take care of Carter, and most importantly, take care of myself. Maybe I could handle Andy touring. It'll be even easier when Justine starts school in two years.

"Mommy." Justine said, shaking me awake. I looked at the clock, 3:30 am.

"What is it baby?" I asked, letting out a yawn.

"I don't feel so go-" All of a sudden she threw up all over my floor. I winced but quickly went into mom mode.

"Oh, that's okay honey. Let's get you into some clean pajamas." I said, picking her up and carrying her to her room. I stripped her from her current clothes and pulled a new pair out of the drawer. I dressed her and laid her back down in her bed.

"I'll be right back." I said, touching my hand to her forehead and quickly pulling it away. She was burning up. I walked downstairs grabbing a large bowl, a thermometer, and some medicine. I walked back up to her room and placed the bowl by the side of her bed.

"If you feel like you have to throw up, just do it in this, okay?" I said and she nodded her head. "Now, I want to take your temperature." I said, putting the thermometer in her mouth and holding it still until it beeped. 101.2. I let out a sigh and poured some medicine into the medicine cup.

"Open your mouth, it tastes like bubblegum." I said, showing her the cup. She opened her mouth and I poured it in. She swallowed and sputtered.

"Mommy! That didn't taste like bubblegum!" She whined.

"Well, it'll help you feel better." I said, stroking her hair. "Now, try to go back to sleep. Come get me if you need me." I said, grabbing everything and leaving the room. I put the medicine back in the kitchen but kept the thermometer by my bedside. I grabbed a towel from the bathroom and began to clean up the throw up. Once I finished, I laid back in bed and was actually able to get back to sleep. I didn't wake up until I heard Carter on the baby monitor. I went to go take care of him and then I went to go check on Justine who was still fast asleep. There was some throw up in the bowl.

I decided to let her sleep and walked downstairs. I texted Denise and told her Justine was sick and wouldn't be going to daycare today. I then called Andy.

"Hey baby." He said as he answered.

"Hey there."

"What's up?"

"Justine's sick and I don't know if I should make an appointment or not."

"Well, what's wrong?"

"She had a 101.2 fever last night and was throwing up."

"I think we should wait it out. It could just be a stomach bug."

"Okay, but if she gets worse, I'm calling."

"Okay, mother knows best." He said. We talked for a little bit until I heard Justine calling for me.

"I gotta go Andy, Justine's calling for me."

"Okay, give her kisses for me, love you."

"Love you too." I said, hanging up and walking upstairs. I grabbed the thermometer from my bedroom and walked into her room.

"What is it sweetheart?" I asked.

"I was twying to go to the bathwoom and I fell." She said, lying on the ground.