Chapter 25: Treatment

Nikki's POV

*A Few Days Later*

"Hello." Justine's doctor said as he walked into the exam room where we were sitting. 

"Hi." I said.

"So, after getting her results back, we have come up with a treatment plan. I would like to start her on chemotherapy for four weeks. She would be admitted to the hospital on Monday and would be released, barring any complications, at the end of the four week time period. Our goal right now is remission and this is the best way. We want to admit her to the hospital because chemo will lower her immune system and make her more susceptible to infections. Having her in the hospital will give us a sterile, controlled environment and prevent you guys from having to bring her in everyday. What do you guys think about that?"

"Whatever will make her better." I said and Andy agreed. 

"After the chemo, we will reevaluate her treatment and figure out where to go from there." He explained a few more things and then let us go.

*A Few Days Later*

"Hi, my daughter Justine Biersack, is checking in today to start receiving chemo." I told the nurse as we walked into the hospital. 

"Go ahead and take a seat. We'll call you when we're ready." She said and I nodded. We went over to the waiting room and sat down. 

"Justine Biersack?" A nurse called. We got up and took Justine back to a room. I dressed her into a gown and got her settled into bed.

"Mommy, where are we?" Justine asked.

"We're going to stay here for a little bit to make you better, okay?" I explained and she nodded. Andy's parents agreed to come out and stay at our house for the month we are in here to take care of Carter for us. A nurse came in and was super nice and gentle with Justine as she set up her IV.

"Hello." Justine's doctor smiled, walking in. "We'll give you guys a bit to get settled in and then start her first round of chemo." He explained. We thanked him as he left. Andy and I sat with Justine, keeping her entertained until the nurse came in to get her set up for chemo. She started pushing the medicine through her IV, leaving to let it run it's course. I set up a video on my phone for her to watch to keep her distracted.

The rest of the day, my poor little girl kept getting poked and prodded, and I could tell she was sick of it. She was finally left alone to sleep and the hospital brought us in a cot. Andy let me have the couch that was in the room and he took a cot. He set up his bed right next to the couch so we were sleeping next to each other.

"Thank you for being such a good father." I said, tears rolling down my face.

"Thank you for being such a good mother. You're the one who caught this. I love you so much Nikki." He said, kissing my nose.

"I love you too Andy." I smiled, drifting off to sleep.

******************************************************************************

Please leave a comment down below and let me know what you thought! Comments motivate me to update!