Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Nikki's POV

*One month later*

I creeped out of my bedroom, closing the door slowly as to not wake Carter. Right as I was about to shut the door, I saw my daughter come barreling down the hallway.

"MOMMY!" She screamed and I winced as Carter wailed.

"Justine Noelle! What did we say about screaming? When there's a baby in the house you can't scream!" I scolded her and threw open the door, picking Carter up and trying to calm him down. "Now, what is it honey?"

"I'm bored." She huffed and I rolled my eyes. I hate when Andy has band practice because then I'm stuck at home with a rambunctious three year old and a fragile one month old.

"Go watch some TV downstairs, quitely." I said and she nodded, running down the stairs. I sighed and continued to rock Carter in my arms. I hate yelling at my daughter, but I had just spent thirty minutes getting Carter to sleep and I was frustrated.

***

I got into bed later that night, throwing my hair up.

"Babe, we need to talk." I said to my husband who was laying in bed, scrolling through Instagram.

"Yes my love?" He asked, putting his phone down and looking at me.

"I think we need to enroll Justine in daycare."

"What?"

"I can't take care of her and Carter at the same time on my own. Just until she starts pre-school. It'll give her some more friends and a place to run out her energy. I had just put Carter down for a nap after fighting with him, and then she comes screaming down the hallway, waking up the baby! I then had to deal with a bored toddler and a screaming infant."

"Babe, I can take care of her."

"Yeah, until you leave for tour or band practice."

"I can bring her to band practice if you ne-"

"No. She's too young to be around five cussing, drinking rockers. I'd feel better if she was in daycare. Look, I'll even convince Denise to enroll Jacob. She'll only go when you're not home, please. At this point, I absolutely can not take care of the two of them when you go off on tour."

"Fine, but I get to pick the daycare."

"Just don't set your standards impossibly high." I said, getting under the covers.

*****************************************************************

Should they put Justine in daycare?

5 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER (NO SPAM)