[22] Faucet Leak

All In My Head - Hobo Johnson

Previously: Kei got revenge on his mom by sneaking his bf into his room, Yaku accidentally came out to his mom

Setting: Tsukishima household

Note: due to,, previous events,, I have decided to age everyone up by two years. So Kei's a senior in high school, 17 or 18. Akiteru is 5 years older than him, so he's 22 or 23, in college.

Kei and Akiteru watched as their mother walked out of the house. Their father trailed behind, slowly, but still following nonetheless.

Just a few hours ago, their mother had made it clear: she didn't accept any homosexual relationships and would not live in a house with one.

"You've made it clear, and so have I," she'd said.

Their father wasn't exactly the same. He'd brought Kei over to the hallway to talk in private after dinner.

"Son, let me tell you something your mother can never hear," he'd said. "I don't care who you love."

Kei hesitated. "You don't?"

His father shook his head. "No. Your boyfriend, his name is Tadashi, right? The Yamaguchi family?"

"Yes, that's him."

"Does he make you happy?"

"Very much so."

The man smiled sadly. "Then that's that. Stay with him and treat him well. I wish I could stay to see it, but..." He sighed. "I must go with your mother. Back to Russia."

"How come?" For a moment, Kei had hoped his father would stay. He would've done just about anything for someone accepting and supportive to look up to.

"Well..." He twisted his wedding ring on his left hand. "For one, I have a job. A good one. And, see, I met your mother twenty years ago. Fell in love with her the instant I saw her. I need her, and she needs me." He stopped fidgeting with his ring and faced his son. "I know you and your brother are strong enough to make it on your own. If you are in any trouble, please call."

Kei nodded, not knowing what to say.

"Even if your mother doesn't, I still consider you my son." He ruffled his son's hair. "Send updates, okay?"

"Okay."

Now, as his father walked out of the door, trailing behind the wife and mother who abandoned those with different views, Kei wondered if maybe, just maybe, he'd thought of his parents too harshly.

"Akiteru," Kei mumbled, as the taxi carrying his parents sped down the street, "do you think we will ever see them again? Face to face, without any irrational arguments?"

"Hopefully."

With a sigh, Akiteru pulled out his phone. "Pizza? I don't feel like cooking."

"Sure."

Kei set the table. As he did, he thought. Deeply.

His own voice, six years younger, swam through his head.

"Aki?"

His 11 year old body slipped through the doorway to his brother's room. Akiteru, 16, was spread out on the floor.

"I heard something fall...was that you, Aki?"

Akiteru just groaned in response. His eyes were closed.

Kei sat down next to his brother, silent. He waited, still and silent, for Akiteru to move.

Finally, Akiteru sat up. His eyes were still closed as a tear slipped out and dripped onto the carpet.