[27] Saturday

Prom Queen - Beach Bunny

this song is such a jam 👏 props to beach bunny

Previously~

"And update me on his case tomorrow."

Another nod.

Tsukishima glared. Not really at Tadashi, but more at himself for not being able to get an answer from a person he truly cared about.

A sigh escaped his lips as he dropped the expression. "See you tomorrow."

Current Setting: Yaku's house

One more chapter after this and then you're free of my bullshit :> it'll be released whenever I'm done so like,, 3 days or 3 months

Yaku read the list for the fifth time. "Okay, so Track 3 is Can I Call You Tonight, Track 4 is Christmas Drag, Track 5 is Little League, Track 6 is American Idiot..." [props to you if you know all these songs]

Kuroo sighed. "And then Rose Gold, Paradise, and Don't Speak. Even if we didn't remember the song order, we've got printed copies for all of us."

Yaku shot a glare at Kuroo. "Do you remember last year?"

Kuroo coughed nervously. "Um, that's irrelevant."

The guitarist rolled his eyes. "Well, I'm just making sure this 'irrelevance' doesn't repeat itself."

Tsukishima sighed. "Kuroo, last year you forgot the song order completely and started playing song 3 instead of song 2."

"Shut—up—"

Yamaguchi chuckled while Tsukishima shrugged. "Just saying."

"Anyway," Yaku interrupted, "didn't you say that you had something to announce regarding our performance?"

"Oh, right." Kuroo took out his phone. "So, I got a message from Yachi asking if we took song requests. I said yes."

"But we don't do covers, we do originals," Yaku argued.

"Well, I said yes because I'm so nice. And so Yachi asked if we could cover this song—hold on, she sent a link..."

Kuroo tapped the screen and showed it to the three others. They listened to the song and, at the end, Yaku spoke up.

"We don't have enough time to do this. Even if it didn't have a guitar solo, our performance is Saturday, and it's Wednesday. We have to study for finals, you and I have a volleyball tournament soon, and not to mention you're the only one here with four pages of homework overdue."

The bassist shrugged. "Ehhhh...we'll be fine."

Yaku sharply inhaled. He opened his mouth to start yelling, but Yamaguchi rested a hand on his shoulder.

Yaku sighed. "Okay, sorry. I guess we can find time today and Saturday morning to practice. We haven't got any other band work to do, right?"

[let's pretend nobody has a life on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturday mornings, so we can time skip to their Saturday performance.]

Backstage was a mess. Every band for the high school section had their own little space, but it was still crowded due to the abundance of electric and acoustic guitars, basses, violins, and many other instruments.

And, of course, the anxiety-filled atmosphere.

"You okay?"

Yamaguchi shook his head back and forth three times.