Chapter 6 (Edited)

Clara’s P.O.V.

Bahagya akong natigilan sa sinabi nito. I didn’t expect him to be honest with it and I must admit that his answer did shock me a bit. I kind of forget for a moment that this is a biker's club we are talking about.

I used to live in the limelight, a society that fully revolving in money and expensive shining shits, the more expensive your dress is, the more fat your bank account is, the more respect you gain. It is a place full of scoundrels that respects you based on your bank account balance.

I am not going to be a hypocrite here and tell you that I hated the society where I grow up. No, I didn’t hate it. That society allow me to sleep at night in bed softer than feather itself. A place where the only problem that I think the first thing I wake up in the morning is what color of car should I use today. You might think that we are shallow but when the world have offered to you at a very young age, those are the only shits you will get to encounter.

My life before last night is beyond perfect. I came from a family of successful hoteliers. I am one of those kids who used to think that life is all about expensive wines, sparkling jewelries and rarest cars. Well that is until the everything came crashing right down in front of me.

My fiancée who showed me how beautiful the world is, who protected me, who sheltered me since we were a child died. That’s the first time that I feel the pain of losing someone, the first time that I realize that there are things in the world that money cannot buy. I’ve been drunk to all of the grandeur the world could offer, I  forgot that there is another society beyond the boulevard of rich and famous. A world full of real problems that I am yet to experience, a world that I’ve been drag to last night.

When Grant is still alive, the only illegal thing that I have to deal with is street car racing. But now it seems that it is going to be beyond that. My life is being threatened due to undelivered unlicensed guns? Isang mapaklang ngiti ang pinawalan ko.

“I know that it is how your life works, you guys live a free and dangerous world. But why do I need to be drag into this?” Hindi mapigilang himutok ko rito. “Why can’t you guys just deliver those guns anyway?”

Jacob let out a frustrated sigh at my question as he stand up from the bed.

“Look, the moment we deliver those package, it is like we are giving them a chance to kill not only our group but also our local authorities here. Those people are dangerous, they can’t be trusted.” Paliwanag nito habang inililigpit ang first aid kit.

Humakbang ito patungo sa banyo upang ibalik marahil ang maliit na box. Nagsalubong ang kilay ko habang sinusundan ito ng tingin.

“If you guys think that it would be dangerous in the first place, why the heck do you need to agree to do the delivery in the first place?” I seriously can’t understand how they think.

“We didn’t agree to do it, it was suppose to be delivered by Templars but the local authorities alerted us with the delivery. They said that with the amount of guns and bullets that is in the package they are sure that those are going to be used into a surely no good reason.” He explained. “The alpha, Ezio, decided to ambush the delivery and take the package.”

Kumunot ang noo ko rito. “Local authorities?”

Why would a local police notify a gang of bikers about those unlicensed guns? Ain’t it supposed to be their job to fix?

“Those cowards didn’t have the balls to rake the dirt themselves so they find it easier to give us the information and let us do their job. We have already surrender those guns and even if we haven’t there is no way we are going to comply to their shits. We ain’t going to give them the weapon they can use to annihilate us.” Mahabang paliwanag nito.