Chapter 18 (Edited)

Jacob's P.O.V.

Inikot ko ang tingin sa mga nagtatataasang building at mga naglalakihang container van sa paligid. Ailhelm are known to be one of the most successful cities in the country. A place for those people who can spend millions in a single purchase. Grand and glamour are the best definition that I can give to it. However, it seems that beneath those fancy jewelries, expensive cars and grand mansion are rotten people that have been eaten by their own vanity. People who holds no compassion towards other people.

"A fight to death huh?"

I can't help but smirk as I look at the man who wears the leather vest and with a patch on it. The symbol of Hellhounds. Another MC group who started in 1945, just after the world war 2 ended. The founder of their group are war veterans so I don't understand why would a group like them will lick some rich kid's butt.

"Black, this is just between the two of us. Care to tell me who is the person behind this huge event?" Tanong ko rito habang sinusundan ito papasok sa isang building na sa unang tingin ay mukhang abandonado na.

This whole place looks like an old abandoned construction site with few unfinished buildings. I can even see cranes that's already starting to be eaten by rust from a distance. I never thought that a place like this existed in Ailhelm.

"No need man, you will meet him soon but I am actually curious. I never see that guy so angry with a person before. Most of the times if he hates someone, he will just kill them directly. But then you seems to aggravate him that he wanted you to be pulverize inside the ring. Why?" Takang tanong nito.

Hindi ko maiwasan ang mapangisi rito.

"Trust me, I have the same question too. I'm from Saeree and I've been here for more than a month or so. I don't think I manage to make enemies that fast, atleast not that I know of."

I am fascinated on how the people from the elite society works. Ezio is right, elite society are far more dangerous and more ruthless than us.

In contrast to what this huge building looks like from the outside, the interior of it is actually well maintained and clean. The walls are painted in creamy white walls, beautiful chandeliers hang on the ceiling, porcelains vases and expensive paintings decorated the whole place. This place looks too fancy to be an underground arena.

"That's weird. You are an assassin, you sure your group hasn't done anything that could trigger someone in the elite society?" Tanong nito habang tinatahak namin ang putting hallway patungo sa kung saan man.

Saglit akong napaisip sa tanong nito. I don't really think so, I don't think it has something to do about me being an assassin. Why do I feel like as if there's more to it than meets the eye? Why do I feel that there is something deeper reason behind this arena?

Black open one of the door and gesture me to enter it. Pumasok ako sa silid at saka inikot ang tingin rito. A prison. that's the first thing that entered my mind as I look around the whole room. It is simple one, a single white bed on the side, a side table with first aid kit on it and few bottled waters. There are also few weights probably for you to condition your body before the fight.

"I don't think I can still do something to save you lad, It's all up to you from here. But there's one thing I can promise. Your old lady, if anything goes wrong. I'll make sure that I will safely return to her family." Black said that made me turn my eyes back to him.

Tinanguan ko ito. They didn't know that I am not completely human. It doesn't matter how strong the fighter that they are gonna send to me, I'm gonna win this.