Chapter 2 (Edited)

Clara

I know I should leave, but for some reason, I cannot bring my feet to move from the spot where he left me. There is a cage fighting in this bar? 

I noticed that cage shaped like a boxing ring when I entered this bar, but I thought it was some kind of stage where the stripper's dance. The cage floor is made of hard concrete, not with soft foam, so it never crosses my mind that it was used as an arena. 

Nanlaki ang mata ko ng marealize kung saan ako naroon. I am in a place where illegal cage fighting is being held.

Hindi ko maiwasan ang pagusbong ng pagaalala sa dibdib ko habang nakatitig sa lalaking tinawag nilang Jacob habang papalapit ito sa ring. I shouldn't care about him, I shouldn't feel anything towards him but fuck me because right now all I want to do is to stop him from stepping in that cage.

"This can't be legal..." Mahinang wika ko. 

One of the men from Jacob's table turns to look at me and lets out a grin upon seeing my confused and worried expression.

"Believe me or not, that is legal." Wika nito bago tumungga ng alak sa hawak nitong bote.

This place is full of inexpensive shits, but what should I expect? The appearance of this bar is far from being comfortable or hygienic. If Grant is alive, he will be here in just a second to fetch me out of this hell.

"This is how we solve most of the issue with territory. That son of a bitch who decided to sell us to Templars needs to die." Dugtong nito dahilan upang kumunot ang noo ko.

When he said the word die, it does not mean literally, right? Right?

"This is a fight to the death. Winners take all, and losers will lose everything, including his life." Wika nito na tila ba nababasa ang iniisip ko. Napasinghap ako sa sinabi nito. 

Suddenly I can feel my knees go weak. The fact that the man that I just met today might end up dead a few minutes from now on makes my heart flutters in fear.

"Why?" I asked.

I don't understand why they need to do it. Haven't they heard anything about local laws? Local authorities are supposed to be the ones to handle such kinds of issues. I'm pretty sure this can be handled properly without needing to spill some blood.

"You're a human. You won't understand. You shouldn't be here in the first place. However, since you are a hard-headed bitch, Jacob might end up saving your sweet little ass later if things go out of control."

Mas lalo akong nalito sa sinabi nito. Save me? From what? Or maybe from who?

I could feel the tension inside the bar rise up as Jacob step into the cage. 

Hinubad nito ang suot na itim na T-shirt. Napalunok ako upon seeing his body that was hidden behind the lucky fabric.

I know this shouldn't feel sexual, but the heck because it is. So sexual that I can almost imagine running my fingers to those eight packs down to the V line-. Fuck! Lihim kong pinagalitan ang sarili ko sa naisip. A fight to death is about to happen, and I am acting like sex starve bitch in heat.

I painfully tear my eyes away from Jacob's sinful body and turn it towards the man I'm talking to. 

"What do you mean save me?"

Like Jacob, this man also possessed this kind of appeal and authority that is enough to make me cower. Thousand of question pops up in my mind at his simple statement. Even the adjective that he used to define me didn't go unnoticed. I am a human? What exactly does he mean by that? They are not human?