Epilogue (Edited)

Clara's P.O.V.

My whole body is aching especially in my thigh region. Marahan kong binuksan ang aking mga mata para lang muli itong ipikit bunsod na nakakasilaw na liwanag na nagmumula sa kisame.

Bahagyang kumunot ang noo ko habang pinipilit alalahanin ang huling nangyari kung paano ako napunta sa lugar na ito. That is when everything slowly but painfully comes back to me. The underground fight, Jacob, I've been stab, the gunshot and that torturous pain in my stomach.

Muli kong binuksan ang aking mga mata at sa pagkakataong yun ay unti-unti nang nasanay ang mata ko sa liwanag. That's when I realise that I am in a hospital room and not in a chaotic underground fighting arena anymore. The storm have finally subside but then upon feeling the emptiness inside of me, I know that the storm have destroyed something valuable to me and to Jacob.

"Clara..." Napalingon ako sa gilid ng kama ng marinig ang tinig ni Jacob.

His face is bruise and he has few wounds in his face but what breaks my heart is his eyes. It is hollow. He didn't need to speak at all. His eyes says it all. I sat down in the hospital bed and that's when tears falls down on my cheeks.

Jacob come closer to me and pull me into a protective hug.

"I'm sorry princess, I'm so sorry..."

I can feel the pain in his voice as he speaks. Mas lalo akong napaiyak rito.

"We lost our little angel."

Those words are simple but the weight of it is enough to tear my heart into little pieces. I didn't bother to respond. I just allow the pain to eat me and let myself drown in agony inside his arms.

Why do we need to endure this? Bakit kailangang ang magiging anak pa namin ang mawala? Greed, money and power? Is that really worth it? Walang tigil sa pagbuhos ang luha ko habang pilit na kinukwestyon ng langit kung bakit kailangang danasin ko lahat ng to. Am I a bad person? What kind of sin did I commit to deserve all of this?

The door of the hospital room open and a doctor with two nurses come in.

Humiwalay ako kay Jacob at saka hinayaan ang mga itong I check ang vitals ko. They asked me series of question but I can only answer by shaking my head or nod. The fact that I lost my baby drained all of the energy that I have.

When the doctor said that my parents and sister is waiting outside of my room, I just shake my head in response. I don't want to talk to anyone at the moment. I don't want to see that pitiful look in their face. I just lost my baby. I don't want my dad to push away Jacob as well. If there's one thing that I need today, it is my mate's presence.

The doctor sigh in understanding as he bid goodbye before going out of the room.

Nakakabinging ingay ang namayani sa pagitan namin ni Jacob ng maisara na ang pinto. None of us wants to break the solemn silence inside the room.

"Maybe your father is right, I will bring nothing but harm to you..." Mahinang wika nito pero sapat na iyon upang makuha nito ang atensyon ko.

I look at him with disbelief written in my eyes. Nakayuko ito habang nakatitig sa sahig na tila ba may intresanteng bagay na nakagulit sa carpet ng ospital.

"So that's it? You are just going to give us up? After all of this shit that we've been through you're just going to walk away from me?" May bahid ng pagkainis na wika ko rito.

Jacob raise his eyes on me. Ginagap nito ang kamay kong nakapatong sa kama.

"I almost lost you. Kung hindi kita sapilitang kinaladkad sa buhay ko ay wala ka sana rito. You are not used to this kind of life Clara. You know I will give my life just to keep you safe. Pag ipinagpatuloy pa natin to, hindi lang ito ang pwedeng mangyari sayo. Fuck! I am not gonna see you in that same situation again!"