Chapter 11 (Edited)

Clara

Hindi ko maiwasan ang mapabuntong hininga habang nakatitig sa pinto ng airport. I don’t want to go back to Ailhelm but I know better by ditching my own debutante ball. Hindi mangingimi ang aking ama na kaladakarin ako mula rito pabalik sa Ailhelm pag nagkataon.

The last thing that I want them to conclude is that I am acting rebellious because I became an old lady of an outlaw who possessed the face of my dead fiancee.

“You sure you can take it from here?” Tanong ni Jacob dahilan upang mapalingon ako rito.

“Yup,” Simpleng sagot ko rito bago ko tumingkayad upang gawaran ito ng halik sa gilid ng labi. “If you don’t show up in my debutante ball, I’m gonna cut your dick.” Banta ko rito na ikinatawa lang nito.

I am not even joking.

“Sure Princess.” Sagot nito na hindi naaalis ang ngiti sa labi.

Hinila ko ang maleta ko papasok sa airport. Hindi pa man ako nakakaalis ay namimiss ko na agad ang presensiya ni Jacob. He did told me that it is a normal thing since we are already mated. I will always seek for his presence, that it is part of being bonded to a werewolf. I don’t think that is the only reason though. It seems that even if I don’t bear his mark, I will still feel the same about us being away from each other.

The travel time didn’t really took too long. In less than 3 hours, I am already in front of the huge mansion where I spent my childhood.

Grant and I grew up together in this place, that’s the main reason why I needed to leave this place to move on. Every inch of this house has a story to tell on how we turned from childhood sweetheart to lovers.

Grant is my first love, my first kiss and my first in everything. Losing him made me feels like as if the whole world came crashing down on me. Staying in this house made me feel like as if someone directly stab me in the heart. Seeing this house is a constant reminder of the love that I used to have but like a sand, it escape my grasp before I could even hold tight on it.

But now looking at this place, it is nothing but a plain old mansion where I used to live. The house still reminds me of my memories with Grant but unlike before, the pain is not there anymore. I wonder if me being mated to Jacob has something to do with it.

“Ate!” My sister shouts as she run towards me. Natatawang sinalubong ko ang yakap nito.

“Kung iniisip mong may pasalubong ako sayo, you’ll be disappointed.” Biro ko rito habang papasok ako ng bahay.

“Nah, don’t really care about that.” She shrug then turns to look at me with a sparkle of excitement in her eyes. “The couture have already delivered ten gowns today for you to choose from. Can you try out everything now? I’m excited to see how it looks on you.”

That’s why she is excited. That made me thinking, I wonder if Jacob can help me pick out the dress for my ball. “Sure, but can you take a picture of me also while wearing those dresses? That way we can compare them to see what would be the best for me?” Tanong ko rito tinatahak ang hagdan paakyat sa aking silid.

This whole house didn’t change a bit in the past month that I am gone. I smiled, I can’t deny the fact that I really miss this place, this home and the people who lives in here, my family.

“That would be perfect. I’ll prepare the fitting room for you. You can sleep for now then we can start the fitting probably on the afternoon.” Wika nito bago tumalikod patungo sa sarili niyang silid.

Naiiling na lang na isinara ko ang pinto ng silid. Less than two hours in the plane seems to take on much of my energy.

I change first in a comfortable plain white t-shirt and lie on my bed to get atleast 3 hours of sleep. I still have two days before the ball. Two days to prepare a speech that would convince my parents that Jacob is a good addition to our family.