Chapter 12 (Edited)

Clara’s P.O.V.

“You look beautiful my darling.” Wika ng aking ina na kakapasok lamang ng silid.

She is wearing a royal blue bodycon mermaid cut dress that emphasize her perfect curves even in her old age. Sa unang tingin ay hindi mo aakalain na may dalawang anak na ito. Kahit pa araw-araw nitong ginugugol ang lahat nang kanyang oras sa pagtulong sa aming ama na pamahalaan ang negosyo at alagaan kaming magkapatid ay hindi ito nagkulang ng oras upang alagaan din ang kanyang sarili. Her and my dad is a power couple and I will be forever grateful to heaven for giving us such wonderful parents.

“Thank you mom.” Tumayo ako mula sa kinauupuan ko at lumapit dito.

I am wearing a white ball gown which is actually the tradition for debutante ball. Other guest who are invited to the party are not allowed to wear white and ball gown type kind of dress, Which is I find irritating because it means all of the attention will be focus on me but that is actually the point of having this kind of celebration. Yumakap ako rito at bumeso sa kanya.

“How are you feeling honey?” Tanong nito.

“Nervous I guess?” I replied, confuse of what exactly I am feeling at the moment.

It’s been three days since I last saw Jacob and now my whole being is asking for his presence. The fact that we are going to meet again today made me feel excited but he is also meeting my parents so I feel really nervous. I wonder what would be my parents reaction once they meet him.

Natawa na lang ang aking ina sa sinagot ko.

“Oh honey that’s normal. Do you know that I met your dad  during my debuntante ball as well?”

Isang kaaya ayang ngiti gumuhit sa labi nito habang inaalala ang sandali ng kanyang kabataan.

“Really? Was he your escort?”

Hindi mahilig magkwento ang aming ina tungkol sa kung paano sila nagkakilala ng aking ama pero nakita ko naman kung paano nila mahalin ang isa’t-isa. It made me dream of having my own forever and happy ever after too just like what my parent have.

“Nope, he is not. Your dad is not a fan of formal party but his parents force him to go anyway so he just grab a bottle of wine from the waiter and stay on the parking lot to drink the night alone.” 

Napangiti ako sa sinabi nito. So my dad is actually a bit of an introvert then. I wonder what would Jacob feel in this kind of celebration. Some people would find it a bit lavish. I’ve been invited to this kind of event multiple times before which I find it entertaining to be honest. A great excuse to wear fancy dress and expensive jewelries.

“So how the heck did you find him in the parking lot?”

Debutante ball is quite an important event for ladies who is born in the elite society. You need to stay inside the place and plaster a fake smile to greet each visitor. The main purpose of it is to find a suitable suitor. I didn’t need to celebrate it before since I have Grant but now that he’s gone, I am required to held one.

“The ball gown dress is quite irritating so I needed to go outside for a bit to get some fresh air. I saw your father sitting on the hood of his car and instead of going back inside I just decided to join him and share with his wine.” Hindi naglaho ang ngiti sa labi nito habang ginugunita ang unang beses na nagkakilala sila ng aking ama.  “Your father has a good sense of humour so I stayed with him throughout the night and the rest is history.”

“Wow, was it love at first sight then?” Nakangisi kong tanong rito.

I can almost see a younger version of them sitting on the hood of a vintage car with my mom wearing a white ball gown whilst my dad is in suit and tie.