𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 - 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

꧁༄꧂

MAX

"IS IRIS OKAY?" i asked everyone clearly noticing that she's been acting off, let alone to me only. "she's been uhm distant with me?" i added unsure.

"i dont know man. maybe she's just stressed? or probably ya know, monthly things?" tom suggested. "has she been cold to you guys as well?" i asked getting confused as to why she's been acting like that to me.

"nah dude. she seems fine to me." harvey said and ally nodding in agreement. "fuck did i do something wrong?" i sighed heavily "maybe i shouldn't have just confessed like that." i added.

"max.." ally said as she looked at me sadly. "i knew she would never feel the same way. im so stupid!" i ranted, tears being at the verge from falling.

iris came back before anyone in the table was about to mutter another word. she sat down quietly with her fruit salad just eating them peacefully. but everyone felt the tension build up.

"oww!" ally exclaimed making all of our heads to turn to her direction. "als are you okay?" iris asked as she placed her fork down. "yeah my head's just hurting because of thinking about you." ally said smirking. i knew she was trying to lighten up the mood.

everyone ended up laughing and iris just smiled. "gosh what is up iris? tell us what's going on with you babes." ally said sternly leaving iris to stay quiet.

"im fine why ask though?" she replied not looking at any of us. lies bubba. lies.

"no shit you aren't. what is really up?" ally insisted. "someone just ruined my day i guess." iris replied.

"are you sure it's not about your feelings?" harvey teased.

"fuck feelings harvs." iris said sternly. "ooooo i sense a jealous lil girl." harvey teased again and iris starting to be even more quiet. if that was possible.

"fuck off!" she replied quickly.

wait she didn't deny that she was jealous. wait jealous? of what? im confused?

꧁༄꧂

IT WAS english class next and we were now about to part ways for our next classes. harvey and tom was off to history class and ally was off to music class, leaving me and iris walking to english together.

"hey please talk to me did i do something wrong?" i asked still bothered. "no you didn't max." she replied. she didn't call me bubba. fuck i was starting to overthink things now.

"can you lik— MAX!" i was interrupted when i heard someone scream my name.

me and iris turned our heads to the voice that called me only to see the new girl fionna. "bitch" i heard iris sigh heavily and whisper to herself.

wait what? i was confused why she would say that but i quickly brushed it off.

"hi max i barely know anyone so can i join you walk to english class?" i swear i could've sworn iris rolled her eyes at what fionna asked. "yeah sure." i replied smiling.

"im just gonna go." iris said as she quickly walked away. "iris!" i called out for her but she completely ignored me.

i sighed heavily in disappointment and i knew fionna noticed my change in mood. "you okay bubba?" she asked. "please don't call me that." i said sternly.

"call you what?"

"don't call me bubba."

"why not?" she asked. this girl never really runs out of questions and seems to love the fact of interrogating me. its getting annoying.

"because only iris gets to call me that." she was starting to come closer to me if that was possible, and its making me feel so much uncomfortable.

"but she's not here max." fionna said smirking.

"still no. only iris gets to call me that." my tone was now angry and the annoyance was clearly showed as well.

we arrived in class and took our seats. iris was already starting to prepare her things but she still wasn't looking at me. not even a short glance.

"bub.." i made the initiative to make her face me as i turned her shoulders to my direction. "i need to you tell me what's going on.. please.." i begged.

"nothing nothing. im fine. just not feeling the best max." she replied. still not calling me bubba. or maybe it's not really a big deal. but still. i didn't bother to ask her more considering that it might just make things worst, so i just nodded at her in reply.

꧁༄꧂

soon enough we were all dismissed and was now waiting for andre to arrive. and iris was still being very distant and cold to me. im not used to this.

and the fact that she was such a bubbly person, today she just wasn't. i really need to know what's up with her.