𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 - 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

꧁༄꧂

IRIS

IT WAS the next day and i was feeling much better now. mum said i could go to school today as well seeing that i might've missed something yesterday. andre brought me to school though since i woke up late and wasn't able to ride with the twins and ally.

i arrived just in time right before the first period bell rang. "morning." max greeted me, i just gave him a subtle smile in reply. i realized that i shouldn't act so childish and avoid him just because of my jealousy. he has been nothing but caring for me and i feel bad for pushing him away.

the day felt so long until lunch came where me and max would start talking here and there once again. i saw fionna of course but she's been acting weird. and every time i'd pass her she'd give me a smirk.

las period finally came and i was dying to go home and rest. it turns out being absent for a day (even though the reason was reasonable) can lead you to having the double the work the next day you come back. which i made a note to myself reminding me not to skip another day of school and stay healthy.

10 minutes more and the day will finally be over, but around 2 minutes had passed, i heard fionna call my name. "pass this to max." she told me smirking. i took the note from her hand and gave it to max but not bothering to look at him.

don't let it get to you.

i reminded myself but my thoughts were soon interrupted when i heard max groaned in anger?

"you okay?" i managed to choke out and look his way. "y-yeah." he replied nervously.

the bell rang and i stretched my arms out before fixing my things. "i can't wait to kiss you again baby." fionna said loud enough for me to hear when she passed by me and max.

"w-what?" i turned to face him, tears starting to form in my eyes. "iris please let me explain." max begged as he took my hands in his. i quickly removed them from his grip and rushingly packed my things up.

i darted towards the door and max being taller than me, was able to block my way. "move." i said coldly. "no please let me explain." he begged.

"explain what max!? i've had enough bullshit already!" i screamed at his face only loud enough for him to hear. he pushed me back and to the wall to let people pass by the door.

"let me go!" i whined. "iris.." he stated. his voice almost cracking since tears were also starting to creep their way out of his gorgeous eyes.

"max please. i've had enough. wanna know why i've been so cold with you? it's not your fault! it was mine! i was jealous max! i-i realized that i like you. a-and seeing you that day with her made me feel so jealous." i was crying by now, tears wont stop falling.

"a-and i c-couldn't be bothered to tell you how i felt because i-i knew you deserved someone better. sure you like me b-but i dont think im worthy of you max." i added.

soon he pulled me into a hug. a very tight hug. and i could tell that he was also crying softly. "i didn't kiss her. i even slapped her." he said softly and quietly. and honestly him saying he slapped her made me chuckle in the inside.

"i only like you. hell maybe even love you. but only you iris. only you. you have to believe me." he said as he pulled away from the hug slowly.

"i-i...

believe you." i replied smiling softly. he carefully wiped my tears as i did the same with his. "no more crying. no more secrets. okay bubba?" he asked as he continued to caresses my cheek.

"okay bubba." i replied smiling.

"soooooo i'll keep this short and simple but will you be my girl?" he asked shyly a blush forming in his cheeks. "i've always been yours." he smiled at my statement and pulled me in for another hug.

when we pulled away i can't help but stare at him. "what bub? you okay?" he chuckled.

"oh wow i dont know what to say. i just- i still haven't processed it. i can't believe you're actually mine." i was now the one blushing.

"trust me, you better get used to it because now you're stuck with me. hopefully stuck with me forever too." he winked playfully in reply and me turning beat red once again.

damn iris. you're one lucky girl to have THE max mills.

he is a keeper. take good care of him.

꧁༄꧂

a/n: my apologies for this extremely cliché chapter woop