36. Home

Kara felt as if she couldn't breathe. This could not be happening. Not to her. It wasn't fair. A tear dropped down her cheek. She felt like someone was ripping out her heart and broke it into a million pieces. And she wasn't even the one who was suffering the most. It was Marley. But she didn't show it. She smiled while tears dropped down her cheek. Kara let go of her and watched her fade away. Slowly. There was only a minute left. Kara couldn't say what she needed to say. She watched her doppelgänger die. "It's okay" Marley kept saying. She had peace with it. "Why is this happening?" Kara asked. The world around her had disappeared and she was only there with Marley. "I knew something bad was going to happen to me as soon as we ended everything, because that's what happened to every other doppelgänger" Marley said as now her legs had disappeared. Only her chest and her head were still there. "No, this isn't fair!" Kara said. "But it's okay. I'm going to my mom" Marley said and smiled while she thought of her. "If I knew this was gonna happen to you I would have never friended you" Kara said. "This is how it was supposed to go. You cannot regret the choices you made, as I don't regret anything I have done. Please remember me" she smiled and then the last part of her, her head, disappeared too. Marley was gone. Because of her. She was gone because she was a Paragon. Kara felt a hand on her shoulder. She turned around and saw it was Alex. "It's okay" she said and smiled bit. Kara hugged her sister tight.

Everyone had gone to their own home. Except for Barry. They sat on the ground in Central City. ''I'm sorry about what happened to Marley'' Barry started. ''...Thanks'' Kara said eventually. ''You can't blame yourself for what happened.''

''That's what she said before she disappeared, but I can't think otherwise.''

''She's okay, she said it herself.''

''BUT SHE'S NOT BARRY!'' Kara yelled it louder than she meant. ''What do you mean?'' Barry asked a little confused. ''She got erased from history because we merged the earths together. She never existed'' Kara said.

Barry didn't know what to say.

''And soon enough, we'll forget everything'' Kara sighed. ''No, we won't forget her. We, the Paragons, will remember her, because we remember Crisis'' Barry said and it made Kara feel a little better.

The fight was over. She needed to get home. Marley wouldn't want her to be sad forever. Kara hugged Barry, smiled and flew home. Off to her new adventure.

----------------

Thank you for reading my book! Have you seen my other ones?