File I: On the Origin of Lost N Found

First things first
I'ma say all the words inside my head
I'm fired up and tired of the way that things have been, oh ooh
The way that things have been, oh ooh
Second thing second
Don't you tell me what you think that I can be
I'm the one at the sail, I'm the master of my sea, oh ooh
The master of my sea, oh ooh 🎶

I raised the volume of the song by pressing the upper button located beside my cellphone. I tied my shoestrings, stood up and stretched for a minute or two before I tapped the starting button of the stopwatch in my wrist watch. I ran as fast as I could while our dog Pangaea followed right beside me.

It was still five in the morning when I decided to begin my exercise routine. It was my daily routine every morning to jog for a mile. I am a body conscious lady so I tried to stay fit and healthy all the time. I exercise regularly with proper diet. The sun is still not up when I leave the house. Well, where does the sun shines anyway? In East or West? (Comment down below) I don't care since it wouldn't give me a single penny.

There were some people in the streets---you can count them with your fingers---, jogging and walking together with their pets or a human buddy. Street lights were off whereas the sun began to peer in the horizon. It was early in the morning but the temperature seems like the one we experienced every afternoon.

Let me introduce myself first. Im Serendipity Echarri, you can call me Serene (Serin). A twenty year old lady who graduated in college. Why am I speaking in english by the way? Mukhang na-adopt ko na yata ang pag-fi-feeling foreign ng nakababatang kapatid ko. Going back, dapat sa edad ko ay nagtatrabaho ako, unfortunately, no company would like to hire me. Hindi ko alam kung anong problema nila, may mga saltik yata sila sa utak, unang question pa lang sa job interview ang nasasagot ko ay nirereject na nila ako. What's with them? Almost all the company I applied for, did the same, they rejected me without even proceeding to the second question in job interview.

That's why I am a jobless lady, binabaan ko na nga ang standards ko dahil nag-apply na rin ako bilang isang saleslady and crew imbes na dapat ay nasa opisina ako but then even the fastfood chains and café's didn't accept me. I tried to ask them what's wrong but they just drove me away. Hopeless in finding work, I decided to write a novel which is one of my hobbies.

Sinubukan kong i-published ang first ever story ko with confident sa isang website called Writer's Ink pero ilang taon na ang nakakalipas ay hindi pa rin umaabot ng five hundred ang nakakita. Five years have passed and still the view is fixed in two hundred without even a single vote and comment. Seriously? What's wrong with you folks? Are you blinded? I tried to read other's works and I found them a waste of time but so much people appreciate and support them. I cannot understand what they have that my story missed. I feel jealous.

Naalala ko pa kung gaano ako ka-desperado noon kaya pinasa ko sa isang publishing company ang manuscript ng story ko. Isang minuto pa lang yata ang nakalipas ay nakatanggap na ako ng rejection reply. That's the end of my career. I never succeeded in anything.

Noong nag-aaral ako gusto ko ng makapagtapos at makapagtrabaho so that I will earn money but I never imagine that this will be so hard. Akala ko mas madali ang magtrabaho kaysa mag-aral but I was wrong. Kapag kasi nag-aaral ka wala kang ibang gagawin kundi ang makinig sa class discussion, sumunod sa pinapa-comply ng guro at ipasa ang quarterly exam. On the contrary, when you're finally working you are earning money. May kapalit ang ginagawa mo and for me, money is everything. Kaya nga ako tinawag na Miss Krabs' ng kapatid ko dahil masyado akong na-a-attract sa pera just like Mr. Krabs in Spongebob Squarepants cartoon. That's not good, kaya huwag ninyo akong tularan.

I stopped the stopwatch as soon as I reached the park.

1 Mile
15 mins