File III: And Then They Were Gone

"Kindly fill up this form," I requested. I took out a fountain pen and a clipboard then thrust it to her. She looks at it for awhile before writing. When done, she returned the items.

══════════════════════════
Lost N Found Form

Name: Adelaide Alcantara
Age: 42
Job: Housewife
Contact No: 09123456789
Address: 206 Cenozoic Street
Case: Abducted son
Signature: A. Alcantara
══════════════════════════

"Tell us about your son," I asked as if an interviewer in a job interview and the interviewee was Mrs. Alcantara.

"His name is Stevenson Alcantara and he's eight years old," she thrust a 3x3 picture to us. "That's what he looks like." We both examined the picture. A short stocky boy is grinning in the picture.

"Does it mean that you'll work for it?" Mrs. Alcantara wondered. Her face became bright.

"Spare us some time to contemplate, we will contact you right away once we made a decision," Lev said in an adult manner.

"Here is our business card, in case you wanted to contact us or refer to someone," kinuha ko ang business card mula sa aking wallet at ibinigay 'yon sa kaniya.

══════════════════════════
?  Lost N Found  ✔

Mislaid, Lost or Stolen?
There's no need to worry!
We got your back!

"You lost it, we'll find it."

Address and Contact:

🏠 101 Cenozoic Street
☎ +639999999999

Searcher - Serendipity Echarri
Companion - Leviticus Echarri
Dog aide - Pangaea

At your service
══════════════════════════

"It's nice meeting you Mrs. Alcantara," we shook hands. "It's time for us to close the office. Contact us immediately when the kidnapper telephone you."

Sinamahan ko siya hanggang sa gate. When she disappeared in my sight, bumalik ako sa office. Lev's still examining the small card left by Mrs. Alcantara. I peered in to see the card.

"Too much X," I mumbled while still looking at the card. "I wonder who is the man behind this and why did he chose Plate to be his codename."

He let out a chuckle. "Imbecile! Plato is one of the Greek philosophers! He is the student of Socrates and the mentor of Aristotle. How could you be so naive?"

"I may be interested to them if they will bring me a pot of gold," I said in sarcasm. "Did you figure out anything from that series of X?" I frowned.

"It isn't a walk in the park," Lev said voraciously. He pocketed the small card and stood up from sitting.

"Surely it is," I agreed. "That's why we need to turnover the case, it is not meant for us. It's the police' work. Let's leave it to them," I persuaded but he just shook his head.

"You heard Mrs. Alcantara a while ago, those men in blue uniforms with guns shouldn't be involved," he recalls.

"If the cops shouldn't be involved then we shall not too! Look Lev, if there's a kidnapper it means that it is venturesome. I need to prioritize our safety above all things. Whether you like it or not, we will not work on that case. That's my decision and it is final. Now, hand it over to me," pumalad ako sa harapan niya pero tiningnan niya lang ako ng masama. "The card, give it to me," I strongly commanded. Binelatan niya lang ako bago siya tumakbo papasok ng bahay.