Chapter 15

───── ❝𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐬❞ ─────

Adlex Kielle

"So, you got what my father wants you to bring here?"Leonhardth asked Dalton while we are busy checking our purchased weapons came from Albania. After we issued our black pass from Uncle Vesemir which we had showed to our professor earlier, we immediately left Adler and went here to Laguna port for our meet up to our dealers.

Actually Uncle Vesemir and my mother doesn't want us to handle this hidden operation because of our punishment━but they don't have any choice, because this transaction is way too confidential to be handled by our men that is why they needed to send us here to talk to the Everston's.

"Yes Mr. Gitsune, including that thing..."Dalton devilishly answered, my cousin before he handed him a small velvet box. "What is this?"Leonhardth mumbled, but Dalton just smirked before he eventually chuckled tapping his right shoulder.

"It's our token of gratitude Mr. Gitsune, after all, Mortem Princeps is one of our top buyers ever since."he said, the drug cartel that Dalton and his family is no joke. Their empire is quite enormous, that is why Uncle Vesemir immediately invested on them. Having a 'win-win' situation, they are in charge of our weapons while we also help them smuggle their goods in Miami. We had a huge contribution throughout their reign in Albania and even in Jamaica as top drug syndicate, and just like that, they also gave us a credit on our reign.

"You know my father trust you, even Giovanni gave me a token last month."Leon mumbled, Dalton gave him a smirk as he walk towards Jake whose now holding a new 500 magnum gun that came from his shipment. "That token came from Savannah, it's her gratitude for helping her when she got into a trouble in LA. Remember when you punched the man who wants to harass her?"Dalton said making me smirk, oh well I know what he means by that....

"Oh, yeah, you're welcome. After all Savannah is your sister and she is also our FRIEND."Leon really pinpointed the word 'friend' as Jake and I exchange glances. "Don't you have plans on making her as more than just a FRIEND?"Dalton said but Ferris from the other hand quickly dodge his question  interrupting on their conversation.

"Oh Dalton, you know what? Savannah wouldn't like it if she learns that you are pushing her towards Leon. After all, rumor has it that she's been dating one of those elite five. Not to mention, Leonhardth here is already engaged to someone else."Ferris announced giving Dalton a disappointed look. "Oh is that so? I got a little busy these days now that I didn't even have time to check on her and even to our brothers."he retorted.

But wait what? Leon? Engage? When? Oh maybe he's just trying to cover him up.

"Well, I guess you should head home and check on them. You might get surprised if she will announce her marriage on the following day!"I agreed making him laugh, "Silly, I'm just kidding, I know that Savannah is a good friend of yours."he concluded as we all laugh in chorus.

"Goodness Dalton, you and your humorbut anyway thank you for delivering our weapons and also for your token."Leonhardth claimed tapping Dalton's left shoulder. "No worries Leonhardth,"he assured shaking Leonhardth's hand.

Karlie Aubrielle

"Haist! Did I really dropped it? But where? I didn't even remove it when I am at school?"I asked myself while I am pacing back and forth. It's already midnight but I still cannot sleep because of my pendant that is missing, like for heaven's sake I just can't find my inner peace because that pendant is like a part of me. "Oh dang it! I need to sleep! Maybe I just left it somewhereyeah that's right I am certain it will show up."I announced jumping on my bed before fall into a deep slumber...

𝐌𝐢𝐝𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

"Karlie..."it felt like there is someone whose whispering my name but I couldn't bring myself to wake up because of my peaceful slumber. "Mine,"the whispers send shivers down to my spine as I tried to open my eyes to see if someone is out there. I wanted to speak but I just couldn't, maybe I'm just dreaming...

"Sleep now my love,"the voice added before I eventually woke up from that dream, tiny bullets of sweats is now dripping from my forehead making me wipe the━I was about to wipe my sweats when I noticed something on my blanket━it's my necklace! "Oh gosh!"I gasp grabbing it with my trembling hand because of joy.

"I finally found you!"I mumbled gripping it to my palm━but there is something unusual━when I noticed that behind my encarved name is a vintage engagement ring, I even put my palm on my lips because of it's breathtaking view. It is glistening under the moonlight's ray giving me chills, the vintage ring that I assume is a heirloom is way too divine tracing my fingertips on it's carvings. Although I had the urge to slip it on my fingers, I tried not to get tempted to do it because that ring is not mine.

Like, how come that there is a ring on my necklace? Who owns it? Who put it in here? There are so many questions flooding inside my head while staring at this ring. But one thing is for sure now, I need to find whose the real owner of this ring and give it back to her.

So if you we're curious of the ring looks like, I picture it like this

I will edit everything later so please bear with my typo's for the mean time, thank you!