Chapter 21

───── ❝𝐓𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐞 (𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟏)❞ ─────

Karlie Aubrielle

"That guy that I punched? Really? he apologized? How come?"Miho blurted out because she still can't believe that Hunter apologized yesterday. We are now busy taking a walk in our school's soccer field when I told her about what happened. Considering the fact that we arrived at school earlier than expected because we tried to take a cab for us to save gas. 

Lately we had a huge cut on our allowance because of our daily gas expenses and we decided to stop using my car for us to be more efficient. "Yeah, he also mentioned that he wanted to personally apologize to you after what happened. I never knew that he would recognize me just because of that. I mean he is the first one who approach me and apologize right away."I mumbled. 

"You said that he is a little drunk when that thing happened, well, that's acceptable he is somewhat conscious but his sense of respect is unconscious because of alcohol."Miho explained.  "Hunter is a nice guy, you will meet him sooner or later because he is also studying here at Adler."I retorted. 

"Really?"

"Yeah, don't worry I will introduce you to Hunter if we happen to━OH! THAT'S HIM!"I suddenly said when I saw Hunter who's now walking towards the gym, without myself knowing I run towards him not minding Miho. "HUNTER!"I shouted stopping him from his tracks as he turn around and noticed me standing a few steps away from him. "Oh! Karlie!"he greeted approaching me with his flashy smile. 

"Good morning! I never thought that you will come to school this early!"bubbled Hunter, Miho suddenly came out of nowhere as I stand beside her before I smiled to Hunter. "Hunter, I want you to meet Miho Kaori Suzako my best friend, Miho this is Hunter Blythe Collins."I introduced him to Miho before he sheepishly scratch the back of his head as he suddenly bow in front of Miho.

"It was nice to meet you Miho, I apologize about what happened at the mall. It was all my fault, I deserve that punch."

"No it's fine, as long as you apologized to Karlie I am good."she stated, tapping Hunter's left shoulder. Hunter immediately told her that he is grateful that Miho gave him a chance and forgiveness and also for the new friendship that we wanted to start. Now we are started to have a casual conversation like getting to know each other  as we walk around the campus. 

"Really? You are part of our varsity team as the basketball team captain? That's awesome!"Miho retorted. 

"Yes, actually I am also the current Vice President of our student council and the founder of botany club."he replied, my eyes sparkled upon mentioning that he is the founder of botany club━like, I am so in love with plants as I love gardening! I will definitely join that club! 

"REALLY?! OMG! I wanna join that club ever since the registrar told us to join clubs!"I pointed out, Hunter and Miho chuckled because of my reaction. Miho knows that I am really addicted into gardening ever since we are in high school. I also love reading books about plants and studied about them for years. "Yeah, Karlie here loves gardening she also like to study about different kinds of plants. So please have her in your club."Miho she said in a tone that clearly implied that I am obsessed with plants. 

"You are? Then come to my office this afternoon and sign some documents for you to officially join my club. I am willing to accept you."noted Hunter from his cheerful tone. "What about you Miho? What club are planning to join?"we averted our attention towards waiting for her answers.

"I will join the music club,"Hunter and I gasped because of her declaration, Miho has a good singing voice thou but she suddenly stopped singing while we are in high school because her ex-boyfriend broke up with her. 

"That's nice, maybe you should also join the choir when they need some newbies."Hunter informed. 

"I don't want to sing in front of a huge crowd but I'll try my best,"she mumbled.

After our long walk, Hunter decided to part ways because he still had a practice for an upcoming school tournament, as usual we bid him goodbye as he also told us that we should hang out sometimes that we totally accepted. Miho agreed to it immediately before we went to our assigned room. "So you are going to Hunter's office this afternoon right?"Miho asked sitting to our usual spot. 

"Yes,"

"Lie, maybe I cannot accompany you later because of my thesis on our other subject. You know we are not classmates in Psychology class right?"she said making me face her for a while. "Oh, yeah it's fine. I can manage."I smiled, Miho nodded in response. After a few minutes our professor finally showed up. As usual we had a lecture and discussion before he eventually dismissed our class. 

"We still had one more class before lunch break,"noted Miho munching her snacks that we bought from the school's cafeteria. Our second subject earlier had a three hour discussion that is why our time in this schedule got secluded by two three hour subjects that we usually attend in TTH. Two major subjects in just six hours is really something because in my Psychology class Miho had a different professor due to her conflict with her daily schedule. 

"Damn, Psychology class is really killing me."she muttered when she finished eating her snack, my eyes instantly landed on her notes taking a page of her papers. "We already finished this topic, if you want I can give you my notes."I suggest. 

"That's great, let me borrow it for the meantime."she whispered taking my psychology notebook. 

 ミ✯────────── 

It is already lunch time, I was all alone taking down notes here at the bench as I wait for the the time to hit twelve so that I can go to Hunter's office later. Well if you are going to ask about Miho, she's out there in the library making her thesis with her group mates. The burden of being a leader is really heavy because she needs to lead her team to win the competition on their class presentation after our midterms examination. 

As soon as the clock hits twelve I hurriedly gathered my things and went to Hunter's office which is located next to the student council's conference hall. We exchanged numbers when we parted ways this morning that is why I texted him asking where is his office and he immediately replied. I am not in front of the botany club's main door before I gathered all my strength knocking three times.    

"Come in."I heard Hunter said before I turn the knob and entered the room. At first he didn't recognize me because of his nearsightedness as he mentioned earlier, but when he put his eyeglasses his face lit up. "Oh Karlie! Good to see you! Come, have a seat."he cheerfully said nodding my head in response and sat in front of him.

"Did you already had a lunch? Do you want me to order something for you to eat?"

"It's fine Hunter, thank you but I already ate along with Miho. How about you? Did you already eat your lunch?"I asked, Hunter shook his head from disapproval. "Nope, not yet. I got a lot of things to do that is why I didn't even had time eating."he replied. 

"Hey it's not good for your health, skipping meals is not a good habit! You know what? Let me sign those documents and after that we will eat. I will accompany you."I declared, Hunter flashes a bright smile grabbing a folder from his side. 

"Well, it's my pleasure. Alright then, please sign these papers so that we can go right away."he said handing me the folder. 

"Sure thing Hunter."