Chapter 42

───── ❝𝐑𝐮𝐧 𝐀𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐩𝐭. 𝟐 ❞ ─────

Karlie Aubrielle

After our argument earlier, Leonhardth finally left my apartment soon as he received an important call from Ferris. Hence, before he left he said that he will be back soon after he settle some things, that is why I hurriedly packed all my clothes and even dialed Miho's roaming to tell her that I needed to escape. "Karlie, are you really sure about this?"Miho asked again while I am folding my stuffs as we speak through my phone.

"I am Miho. If you saw Leonhardth earlier you will also feel what I felt. I am still in shock after he said that he simply declared that I am his property—you know that I do not want this kind of treatment. I am against this!"I retorted as I closed my luggage and even checked my visa.

"What are going to do now?"

"I will be back there to settle my transfer papers. I cannot deal with him anymore. Miho I need to get away from Leon."the desperation from my voice were visible and I know Miho felt that.

I've never been into this kind of situation nor even encountered a man like Leonhardth—this is foreign to me and mind blowing. "After that I will tell mom and dad that I will stay on Japan to study."I added.

"Okay, I respect your decision. Hence what I want you to do now is to calm down. Karlie, if Leon is really a dangerous man you should tell the authorities and file a restraining order."Miho mumbled, I mean she was right. If he will do something below the belt, I might really consider what Miho just said. "I know Miho. I thank you for that."I replied back before we hang up.

I really need to get out of here quickly. Leonhardth might be on his way and God knows how much my flesh treble for that thought.

As soon as I finished changing my clothes into something that looks like I am a criminal whose now running away from authorities, I hurriedly took my luggage and put some black mask to hide my whole face.

If Leonhardth has eyes everywhere then I should be more careful for them not to notice me or even recognize me in the process of my escape. I silently walk outside my apartment's backyard so that if someone's was in front of my porch he will never saw me getting out.

I need to be more extra careful now, just like like I am walking on a thin layers of ice. Leonhardth reeks havoc and wickedness and I don't want to get involved anymore despite of what I felt towards him.

It is true that you cannot judge a book by it's cover, I fell on his mysterious trap and even let myself get used to him without realizing and even knowing what he really is.

When I finally made my way outside using the back fence, I acted like I am just a simple passerby who did nothing as I casually held my luggage like I am a tourist or something.

I really need to move fast before anyone could even notice me. I hailed a cab and told the driver to head to the airport while my hands were sweating like hell even if it was winter here at L.A.

We are on the middle of a high way when my phone rang making me almost flinch. A unknown number suddenly popped up on the screen causing a great fear inside. Who is this? I asked myself.

The ringing never stopped—I never wanted to answer it thou because I had a bad feeling about it. Not unti—"Ma'am, aren't you gonna answer your phone? It seems important—"the driver said, I awkwardly smiled at him because of his statement. Even if I do not want to answer the phone, I unconsiously tapped the answer button as I slowly put the phone on my right ear.

"Hel—"

"Pull over. Tell that goddamn driver to pull over or else I will spill some blood all over this highway."his voice sounded like thunder colliding my heart and my whole system—it was frightening.

It was him—no other than the man that I want to avoid—Leonhardth...

"Le—Leon—I—I cannot do that."I tried not to stammer in order to show him that I will never submit to whatever he wants me to—"So you have chosen the latter? Do you really want me to show what I am capable of? PULL. OVER."he gritted his teeth causing me gasp.

"Leon. This isn't right you cannot order me around—I don't wan—"he interrupted me again as I speak. "You won't like it if I get mad my love so please pull over. NOW. I won't harm anyone just please pull over and let's talk."he stated, it made me calm down a little because his voice soften. No. Karlie, pull yourself together you cannot fall into his sweet talking!

"I apologize Leon but we cannot talk. I still don't have the guts to talk to you. I apologi—"

"Fine then. I guess I should pull some strings just to get you out of that damn car."I began to panic because of his remarks—I don't wanna harm anyone nor even this innocent driver, so even if I do not want to follow his command I have chosen his words like a puppet on a string.

"O—Okay—Jus—t please do not do anything reckless. I am willing to get out of this car now."I said in defeat. I heard his soft demonic chuckle afterwards as I also felt some cold sweats gushing down from my forehead.

"Si—sir, I'm so sorry but we need to pull over. You can just drop me there."I softly said, the driver nodded in response before he literally drop me on the end of the highway where I stood there fidgeting what will I do next—should I run? Oh I guess I should—Leon is—

"Your not planning to run aren't you mi amore?"I froze hearing that voice behind me—it was him. I cannot even move my body because of his strong presence colliding mine while my brain is literally yelling that I should leave. I heard his footsteps getting closer and closer before he gradually snap my wrist causing me to face him. I can smell his manly scent started to linger while he's smirking from ear to ear like enjoying how reacted from his touch.

"Wh—Why are you doing this?"I asked causing him to chuckle sucking his own breath. It was very sudden and cold, my heart begins to throb feeling this heavy burden of fear towards Leonhardth. I should've known better, now I am suffering from those consequences. "Because I want you. I want to own you."he grunted pressing his mascular body towards mine.

"I—I—Leonhardth, you cann—"he caress my face making my mouth flung open—it made my skin crawl heat that started to spread all over. "No matter what you say. No matter what you do you cannot escape me now. You cannot reject me. You are all mine Karlie Aubrielle Montereal. You belong to a Gitsune."

God, please help me now....

Oh I apologize for being late on updates, my online classes started and I think I will be here for a while then vanish again lmao~ please bear with me. Enjoy reading and keep safe!