Chapter 34

───── ❝𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐒𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐒𝐢𝐝𝐞❞ ─────

"Ferris, do you have any information about that man that Azrail killed almost three or four years ago?"Xact suddenly asked Ferris whose now busy typing his homework. His cousin along with Adlex stopped from what their doing when Xact asked about that matter as they both glance at him in confusion. "Why are you suddenly asking about that?"Adlex answered him instead.

"I was just curious."Xact answered almost losing his cover due to his suspicious vibe lately. There is something about that man that have awaken his curiosity and doubts ever since they stepped inside their new school especially when his eyes landed on Karlie. "Xact, don't beat around the bush and tell us what is fucking bothering you."Adlex retorted. Xact took a deep sigh as he rose from his seat and poured himself a drink before he spoke.

"Aren't you familiar with that woman's facial features?"

"Who?"Ferris mumbled not even glancing at his cousin who's now preoccupied by his own suspicions. "I mean that woman—Montereal."he continued making Ferris and Adlex literally stopped and gazes at Xact. "Why? What do you mean? Is there something that we need to know about her?" this time Adlex asked his brother.

"Her eyes looks familiar, even her surname and middle name, the details about her matched perfectly."his voice almost waver upon telling them what is inside his head. Adlex and Ferris knew what he's talking right now. They are not dumb to understand Xact's instincts as they all have the hunch regarding that man's identity "Did you mention this to Leon?"Ferris added as Xact couldn't even utter a word because of his conclusions.

"Never tell him until we got her background check. I am sure Leon will find this  sooner or later but for now what we need to do is to prevent any lapses. We will tell him when the right time comes."Adlex announced as they all sat there confused and unable to decipher what will they do to this problem.

Karlie Aubrielle

"So what's your plan now? Karlie, I think Leonhardth is not really that kind of man who will acknowledge his defeat that easily."Miho blurted out after I told her what happened between me and Leonhardth. I mean I am still nervous how he can instantly make my heart go wild with his mysterious motives including his gestures that can swoon me for no reason at all. "I know. I don't have any idea how will I stop him for doing something."I sighned, Miho hurriedly walked towards me as she placed her hands on my palm caressing them into a soothing manner.

"Karlie, you should really decide and understand what you feel before doing something that might get you into trouble. Like—do you really don't have any feelings for Leon? Does your heart don't have any reaction at all every time you guys touch nor kiss?"she asked making me question myself.

Do I really like you Leonhardth? Am I just being in denial of my feelings or what?

"Ask yourself Karlie. Think thrice before rejecting Leonhardth completely because you will find it hard if you will realize something when you completely block him."Miho added.

"Maybe you were just denial with your feelings after all. I can see his lethal effect on you and I can also feel that you waver with his mere presence. Karlie, I don't want to interfere with your feelings but I am just giving you an advice. Think again hon, don't be hard on yourself."she clarified before leaving me.

I know this is my first time encountering someone like Leon because when we're on States I never had someone courted me or even confessed their feelings. I don't have any idea how love works or even have any clue about courtship and flirting. Hence, what I really felt every time Leonhardth do something was strange which conducts a lot of heart stopping moments.

Leonhardth—am I really into you?

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐍𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐃𝐚𝐲

So basically, Leonhardth gave me sleepless night. I cannot even blink due to these messed up feelings and thoughts running inside my head every time his face pop up. Like for heaven's sake! He's haunting me like a ghost which made me so preoccupied and sleepy. Hence, right now my goal is to find Hunter and explain everything about my connection to Leon. I don't want him to misunderstood so I might as well tell him what is the real score between me and that man.

"Damn Karlie, I never thought that Leon has a sweet side!—look! Your seat is overflowing with your favorite roses!"I got back to my senses when Miho told me that, without myself knowing I glance on what she was staring only to find out—HOLY SHI—What the?!

Our block mates started to buzz like bees as soon as I walk towards my desk—I cannot even blink because of shock. He literally placed A LOT of sterling roses on my seat! Oh God!

"Do you like it baby?"I almost jump from surprise when Leon whispered on my left ear. He's now standing a few inches away from me while Miho was now standing beside Ferris who's smirking from ear to ear. Gosh, am I too preoccupied to the point that I didn't even felt his presence? "I like it yes—but—you don't have to put a lot of flowers on my desk. How can I write my lectures if there's a lot of roses here!"I mumbled with—wait what did I just?

Did I just accepted his present?!

"Oh, so you like my present? Hmmm, no worries honey I will call someone to take care of it. Right now you will sit beside me okay?"he claimed before he put his hands on my shoulders lightly pushing me towards his desk. "Leon. I don't want to sit there!"I defended but he just smirked as he approached Miho and whispered something. Miho nodded in response before we eventually proceed and forced me to sit next to him. Gosh this so embarrassing and the same time I am so whipped by his present!

Damn, Leonhardth—you're making me insane!

Gosh, sorry for grammatical errors thou! I am so fucked up with my school works lately that is why I cannot update.

Anyway, enjoy reading! Ciao~ Stay Safe everyone and Merry Christmas! (in advance lmao)