Chapter 17: Swap places

Hyoyeon's POV

It felt like my heart was broken into a thousand pieces. There was a throbbing pain in my heart. My eyes were flooded with tears. It's all because of me. It was already bad enough that Taeyeon turned into a magnificon. And now I made her forget everything. What if she couldn't remember? No, no, that wouldn't happen. She will remember, she must! If not, I'll be never be able to forgive myself...

"Hyoyeon unnie, don't worry. We will find a way to let Taeyeon unnie remember." Seohyun comforted. "I'll call Mr. Albert to come." Yoona suggested."Who's Mr. Albert?" Kyungsoo asked. "He's our teacher. He teaches us about magic." Sooyoung. I replied. "Can someone please tell me what is happening? Why am I here? And who exactly are you?" Taeyeon was confused. "Taeyeon noona, sit here first. I'll explain everything to you later." Xiumin told Taeyeon. After a few minutes, Mr Albert finally arrived. "I immediately rushed here as soon as I heard the news. What exactly happened?" Mr. Albert asked. We all explained in detail what happened to Mr Albert. "Well, there is one way..." Mr. Albert stuttered. "What is it?" Everyone said in unison. "The transferring magic. If you perform this magic, Taeyeon's forgetfulness would be transferred to another person. Taeyeon will regain her memory, but the other will forget everything. I hope you won't do that." "No, Mr. Albert. We won't. We won't harm someone because we want to save Taeyeon. Taeyeon wouldn't want that to happen too." Sunny promised. All of us nodded in agreement. I agreed too, but I told myself that I am gonna perform that magic. I have to do it, because I am a sinner, the sinner who landed Taeyeon in this plight and I have to make up for my mistake. After Mr. Albert left, I told the others that I am going to the potion shop to see of there are any potions that can heal Taeyeon. But truthfully, I was going to my school to find out more about the transferring magic.

I reached the school and went to find Mr. Albert at his office. I knocked the door and entered. "Hyoyeon? Why are you here?" Mr. Albert was suprised. "I am here to find out more about the transferring magic. Can you tell me more about it?" "Sure. But why do you want to know about it? You're not going to perform the magic, are you?" Mr. Albert asked suspiciously. "No! Of course not. I'm just curious about it." I lied. "Okay then. Come on. Sit down and I'll tell you more about it." We both sat down on a couch and Mr. Albert told me lots of stuff about the transferring magic, including the procedures to perform the magic.

"Thank you for explaining these to me, Mr. Albert." I thanked him. "My pleasure. I f you have any doubts, come and ask me. I'll help you clear your doubts." Mr. Albert said. "Sure. I must get going." I said as I left the room. I went back to the palace and entered the secret room. "Hi, Hyoyeon noona, you're back." Tao greeted me."Let Taeyeon drink this." I passed a bottle of potion to Tao. "What's that?" Suho asked. "It might help Taeyeon regain her memory. It was recommended by the owner of the potion shop, so this time it's really no harm trying." I lied again. The potion is actually what Taeyeon needed to drink in order for me to perform the transferring magic. "I did not forget anything! Why do you all keep saying that I lost my memory?!"

Kyungsoo's POV

"There's no harm trying the potion, noona. So even if you did not forget anything, you still can drink it. It doesn't matter. It only has advantages and no disadvantages. So can you drink it, please, noona?" I tried to persuaded Taeyeon noona to drink the potion. Taeyeon noona thought for a while, and then drank the potion. Hyoyeon noona was about to exit the room, when Luhan asked,"Noona, where are you going?" But Hyoyeon noona did not answer Kyungsoo's question, she just said,"I'll be right back." A few minutes later, Taeyeon noona asked,"Guys, aren't we suppose to be at Shadow Hill Castle?" Everyone turned to look at Taeyeon noona, including me. "Taeyeon unnie! You regained your memory?!" Sooyoung was ecstatic. "Huh?! What are you talking about?" Taeyeon noona was very confused. We explained everything that happened after Taeyeon noona became a magnificon. Meanwhile, I noticed that Kris's was frowning. "What's wrong, Kris?" I asked. "I suspect that Hyoyeon noona performed the transferring magic so that's why Taeyeon noona regained her memory." "But didn't Taeyeon noona regain her memory because she drank the potion?" I said. "And Hyoyeon noona promised is that she won't perform the magic. None of us will. And I don't think Hyoyeon noona would do something bad to someone because she wants to save Taeyeon noona." Suho stated. "I know. But don't you think that she's acting weird? When we promised each other that we won't perform the magic, I wasn't able to read her mind because her powers were too strong, but I was able to sense that she was up to something." Kris argued. "Xiumin, track Hyoyeon's location." Taeyeon ordered. Suho did what he was told. Hyoyeon noona was in her room. We rushed up to the noona's room. There was Hyoyeon noona, sitting on the bed. Hyoyeon looked at us and asked,"Who are you?" We all thought that Hyoyeon noona performed the magic on someone else, but seems like that wasn't the case. Suho was right after all, Hyoyeon noona didn't hurt someone else because she wanted to save Taeyeon noona.