Chapter 7

A year has passed since that day during VIL. It has been long since she talked to me. Gosh she probably hates me now. She chose to play for DLSU while I went to Ateneo.

To: My MVP🌻
Day 365. I hope you smile today. I miss you

A year has passed.
365 days.
365 unreplied messages
365 I miss you's

Everyday I sent a message to her number. Maybe she doesnt use that number anymore. But I still kept sending her messages. I dont care if she doesnt read it. Just knowing that I somehow send her letters everyday keeps me sane. Hell I could always go to Taft if I suddenly break down and lose my control.

"Still no reply?" It was Ate Ly. My roommate. I smiled at her and shook my head
"Come on. Its game day. After a year you are going to see her" she said a ruffled my hair before boarding our bus.

It was noon when we left Ateneo and we are on our way to MOA. our game was scheduled at 2pm against DLSU.

"Are you worried?" Asked Jho. She was my bus buddy.
"What? No. I know we'll win!" I said confidently. She stared at me before laughing. Ha?
"Silly. I mean, are you worried about facing her?"  Ahhhh ok.  Am I? I couldn't sleep last night because I was excited to see her again.

—————
We are now on court. They just finished introducing our team. My eyes were scanning through the other court trying to find Kianna.

"Number 11. Kim Kianna Dy!"

Shit. There she is. Wearing that green jersey like always. She was smiling. God I miss that smile.

I stared at her. Memorizing her in every angle. She then looked at my direction and our eyes met. I gave her a smile and she smiled back. Those 3 seconds felt like 3 minutes.

"Don't be nervous ok? Promise?" Jho whispered with her hand waiting for mine as a sign of promise. I laughed and shook her hand. My eyes went back to Kianna but her face was just like the championship game against us. Cold eyes, game face on.

The whistle blew and the game started. The crowd cheered and we can hear our school drums.

——————
Kianna POV

Her eyes. That stare. I missed that. We were caught in our own world for 3 seconds until Jho interrupted her. They laughed and Bea shook her hand.

I sighed. Ano pa ba aasahan ko? They are obviously a thing already. Super ingay ng mga shippers nila. Its not like I wouldnt notice it diba?

"Hoy swishy tama na titig baka mamatay pa yan" bulong sakin ni Tyang.

The game went on and Ateneo took two sets already. Ang lakas kasi ng mga palo ni Ate Ly and naginit na ata si Jho. Ang hirap iread block. Mukhang mahihirapan na talaga kami neto.

"Ngiti lang ngiti! Habol tayo! Isang set lang yan!" Rinig kong sigaw ni Tyang para ganahan kami.

"Majoy, kapag papalo si Jho sa side, force play tayo" bulong ko kay Joy. Tumingin ako kay Dawn para isignal yung gagawing play.

And at that rally, Jia gave Jho the ball. We jumped to block Jho doing a crosscourt shot so she was forced to do a straight hit where Dawn was waiting already.

"Nice play! Tyang!" Called Cobbie and tossed the ball to tyang for a running attack.

We fought it to a 5-set match but still lost 13-15. Babawi kami. Babawi sa second round. I'll make sure of it.

"Kiannaaaaaaaaaa!" Sigaw ni Tyang Aby. Napalingon ako at nakita tumatakbo sya palapit sakin.
"Leche ka swishy pumunta ka nga dito" sabay hatak ako. May lalaking nakaabang sa may gate ng dugout na may bitbit pang bouquet of sunflowers. Ah si Chu naman pala.

"Hey uh someone wanted to give you these" he said while handing me the bouquet and also a box of gushers. Sino naman kaya to? It was wrapped in green and white with a letter.
"Thanks Chu. Galing kanino?" I asked
"Uhm just someone from katip. I gotta go! Magbati na kayo!" He said and ran away. Loko talaga.

Bawi next round ha. Smile ka dyan, Baby

I normally get flowers from fans . But this came from Chu. Meaning it isnt from any random fan. And also, he gave me a box of gushers. Super konti lang ang may alam na fav ko yon no! I smiled. It felt like it was from Bea. But its impossible. She has Jho na diba? I peeked out the dugout gate and saw fans with JhoBea shirts. Oh diba? Their fans are so dedicated din.

"Nako swishy may manliligaw ka na ha" biglang pangaasar ni Tyang. Gosh never na nawala pangungulit neto
"It was from somebody else. Pinaabot lang kay Chu" to whoever its from, alam kong malapit lang yan. Its from Ateneo daw eh.
—————
I got home and went straight to bed. Super nakakapagod talaga ngayon! After the game, we went back to La Salle para magtrain ulit. Jusko I feel like di ko na kayang maglakad bukas sa sobrang pagod.

From: Beiby
Day 365. I hope you smile today. I miss you

Ngayon ko lang uli nahawakan phone ko. I always smile when I receive her daily messages. But I never reply back. I was just scared na baka mangyari ulit yung dati. But God I miss her.

That day when I saw Bea with Stacey, my world went blank. I felt cold like my heart suddenly dropped. I didnt cry over it or anything. I just felt numb. And scared. Because at that time, I had let myself fall for her. All along I was straight eh. Until her. So at that time, I was scared by the fact that if we continue this, I would fall for her deeply. Because it just took her 2 weeks of VIL to win my heart. What more if it took months? So when that Stacey kiss happened, I took that opportunity to go away. To run away. Because I was scared of stepping across the line. I was scared for what people might say. Or how the world would think. I was a coward. Well, I still am.

I always see these JhoBea shippers everywhere. On twitter, IG, Facebook, and even on Ateneo games. And Bea and Jho are actually sweet with each other. And they were clingy. It was enough to make people believe that they were a thing. Even if they wont admit it.

I was scrolling across twitter when a picture of Jho and Bea came across my feed. It was a pic from today back in the arena. Bea was giving Jho flowers. I sighed. There's nothing I can do about it diba? Whatever makes her happy. But it still confuses me. Bea would always send me those daily messages. But she's with Jho diba? Gosh. Maybe she just feels guilty over what happened a year ago.

—————
Bea POV
Tsk. I was frustrated after seeing the JhoBea shippers go crazy. At first I didn't mind them. I actually love their support. But what will Kianna say diba? She would think that we are a couple! The flowers were not even from me eh. Its from Nico! Manliligaw ni Jho.

"Chill lang baby phenom" I heard ate Ly chuckle.

"Its been 5 mins na nakatitig ka sa phone mo while nakakunot ang noo!" Even ate Jia teased me.

"Eh kase the shippers" I pouted. And they all bursted out laughing. Gosh super bullies. Especially ate Den.

"Dont mind them Bei. Gusto mo contact ko si Kianna?" Asar pa ni ate Den. Lalo lang tuloy akong sumimangot. Lalo naman silang natawa. Pero actually I'd like ate Den to contact her. Para naman makapagusap na kami diba?

"It isnt about Kianna naman eh" I said when my phone suddenly beeped
"HOLY SHIT SHE REPLIED!!" I exclaimed while jumping around.

"Language mo Bei!" Sita naman sakin ni ate Jia. Ate Ly and Ate Den raced to grab my phone.

From: KKD🌻
Wow ang sipag. Complete attendance 365! Hahahaha