Chapter 17

Kianna POV

"Sooo are you up for tonight?" Hinabol ako ni Marck while I was on my way to BEG. I met him sa parking and he was asking if I could come to dinner with him. He's only my friend but I sometimes think he is making a move on me.

"No. But thanks for the offer though" I rejected. People sometimes think that he is courting me or something. But hell, I hate those rumors.

"What are you doing here anyways? Ang layo sa Taft ah" He decided to walk with me to BEG. Its already saturday and a week from now, its semi-finals.

"Doing a favor." I answered. I was actually on my way to meet Ate Ly. Si Fajardo kasi! She asked me to bring La Salle merch for her. Promise daw ni Aly na manonood sya ng game nila against UST and she won a bet or something kaya ayon. May kasama pang pagsuot ng green shirt

We entered BEG and kakatapos lang mag cooldown ng ALE. I walked with Marck towards them and tried to find ate Ly. Instead, I met Bea's gaze and she looked behind me where Marck was. There was... something different with her.

"Si ate Ly?" I asked Den.

"Ay surprise akala ko si Bea hahanapin" Den joked. Halatang inaasar si Bea

"Aw poor Bei" dagdag pa ni Jia. Bea just stood there pouting before she turned away trying to pick up the balls.
"Nagtatampo" Jia whispered. I chuckled. Bea has been courting me for 3 months already? Going 4?

"I came here for ate Ly. Can you hand this to her?" I gave Den the shirt Kim asked me to give. Den's eyes shot me a piercing look. Oh gosh. Do I sense jealousy?

"Came from Mika?" Den asked. Oh right. There was a fuss between Mika and ate Ly HAHAHA.

"I can assure you it didnt come from Ara's" I joked. Den tilted her head in confusion
"It came from Kim. There was a bet eh. Staka no need to be threatened about Mika!" I chuckled. And months ago Den said that Ate Ly and her were just good friends. Great.

"Dennise!" Ate Ly came running towards us grabbing the shirt out of Den's hand and Den gave her a deadly stare
"Hey dont give me that look love-..... Den. Its for a bet ok?" Did ate Ly just slipped? I heard Jia chuckle as she whispered to me

"That always happens" and Den and Ly were just staring at each other. As far as I can tell, Den was blushing.

"Love pala ha" asar ko sakanila. Ate Ly stood there while scratching her eyebrows, realizing she slipped

"Asus Marckianna pala ha" Bawi ni Den. And mukhang nasa likod lang si Bea at narinig nya. Dennise I swear-
"Your turn para sumuyo" she said while I rolled my eyes.

"She is not ok. Help her will you?" I heard Jia asked before I made my way to Bea. Who was dumping the balls she picked up.

"Hey bei" I called for her but she just continued placing the balls sa storage
"Bea" I continued calling her. This time she faced me. She looked very tired, it was horrible! Her eyes had dark circles around it and her eyes were puffy.
"You're not getting enough rest?" I asked her with concern. I cupped her face and studied her face. We didn't see each other for a week because we were both busy. Pero sya, walang palya na nagchecheck at naguupdate parin sakin.

"Its just... I had a rough week" Bea muttered in a low voice.

"You didn't tell me. You always said that you were fine. Dapat nagsasabi ka, Bei" I told her and I buried her into a hug where she broke down.

"Training was extra rough today." Her voice was muffled but I could hear her.
"I didn't want you to worry" she added and her tears were threatening to fall.
"Im trying my best to manage my thesis and other schoolworks" she continued while I was holding her in my arms
"5 hours. 5 hours of sleep this week. Just to keep up" and finally, her tears dropped and it continued to flow.