Chapter 7

When I woke up it was dark outside but I got up anyways. I turned on the light and sat down at the desk in my room.

"free the species from its chains...", I thought to myself, "obviously the vampires but the daughter of sun?"

I leaned back in the chair and thought about that. After 15 minutes it was enough for me so I took my phone and googled 'the daughter of sun' but that didn't help. I tried so many times but nothing worked. I was about to lose control when I saw the sun rising shining right into my face and filling the whole room with... light! That was it! I grabbed my phone and looked up if light was female and indeed in Latin the word 'light' was feminine. I clapped my hands because of happiness.

"Breakfast is ready", I heard Suhos voice from downstairs.

I went down the stairs and into the kitchen where I saw Suho and Kai.

"Good morning Haneul", Kai greeted happily.

"Good morning", I smiled at them and sat next to Kai.

"Do you also want a coffee?", Suho asked.

"No thanks I don't like coffee", I said, "by the way I managed to solve another part of the puzzle"

"That's awesome, me and Kyungsoo will be in Ymar again today and I guess Sehun and Baek will go to Eisha", Kai slurped on his coffee.

"And I will be in our library again", Suho sighed.

"You can join me and Chanyeol if you want to or I go to the library", I offered.

"No need to, actually I'm kinda happy upstairs it's so quiet and relaxing", he smiled at me.

The others took too long so we already started to eat and the others joined us bit by bit. After half an hour I left and took my notes and stuff and went to the basement to continue thinking about the puzzle, there wasn't much left.

"The stars' home...", I mumbled, "maybe just like the daughter of sun..."

"Who are you talking to?", I heard Chanyeol's voice echoing through the stone walls.

I sat up because I was laying on the floor.

"I'm thinking about the stars' home", I leaned on my hands and he sat next to me.

"The stars' home is the sky", he said.

"Of course, how didn't I think of that geez I can be really stupid sometimes", I laughed at this stupid situation. (A/N sound super ironic lol)

"Ok we have that now only one part left, the war field. But there aren't any wars right now", he scratched his head.

For a few seconds it was silent.

"Not today", I exclaimed.

"Huh?", he looked kinda startled.

"I said not today I mean, this puzzle was made right after... the great vampire war, so obviously 'war field' means the earth", I explained.

"You're right! But it still doesn't make sense, a wave of light will wash over the earth made by the sky to save the vampires? Sounds like the sun is going to explode", he tilted his head.

"Maybe we made a mistake", I tried to think of any other meaning I could've forgotten.

And again a few seconds of silence.

"Or maybe we didn't think far enough", I looked at him, "obviously all of the things that are mentioned are kind of metaphors, this puzzle is figurative but what if we didn't see the metaphor in the metaphor"

I understood what he was trying to say.

"To 'free the species from its chains' is pretty obvious just like 'war field' but the other two aren't that obvious, maybe we are right with sky and light but we have to think further, we need a connection between one of these two words and us, you know?", he pointed at my notes.

"Yes I know what you mean", I said.

Both of us thought for a while but none of us had an enlightenment. Suddenly Kai and Kyungsoo appeared.

"Hey Haneul, we have something", Kai exclaimed and Chanyeol stared at them, like he just had the enlightenment I was talking about.

"That's it! Kai you're a genius", Kai looked pretty confused, "the connection is Haneul! We were searching for a connection between us and the words sky or light right? And Haneul means sky! So that means you will make this wave of light, this is the evidence that you are the savior!"

It all made sense now, though I still didn't understand why I would be the savior but anyways.

"That's incredible! You guys really made it!", Kai exclaimed.

"But we still have to find a way to get the next puzzle, Baekhyun said there were three of them", I put a hand on my chin and for a few second it was silent again.

My thoughts were interrupted by Sehun and Baekhyun.

"Unfortunately we couldn't find anything that could help us", Sehun shrugged.

"I've already expected that, this is harder than I thought", I murmured.

"But we did", Kyungsoo said, "Lay told us that he asked his friends about that and one of them told him that a few years ago a couple asked them the exact same question, he even had a photo of them"

When I saw the photo I was shook.

"B-but these are my parents", I stammered.

For a moment it was completely silent.

"That was... unexpected", Sehun said but immediately earned a kick against his shin bone by Baekhyun.

Chanyeol put his hand on my shoulder but I didn't react, this was too much for me.

"So this means... that my parents also looked for the 'truth'...", my mind was blank.

Luckily Suho came to pull me out of my thoughts.

"Guys I found something. Here is a picture of one of the four amulets and it says that when you combine all of them together they become one 'key' and with this key the 'truth' can be released", he put the book next to me on the floor.

It was a golden amulet with some sort of tree branches. I was sure I knew this design but I wouldn't remember where from.

"I am hungry I think we should eat", Kai rubbed his stomach.

"I think we did a great job today", Suho threw his fist in the air and so did the others.

After dinner I went to my room and sat down in the chair at my desk. I leaned back and messaged my temples because I had a headache. Out of nowhere I felt two arms wrap around my neck. I looked over my shoulder and saw Chanyeol slightly smiling.

"What's wrong?", he almost whispered.

"It's just hard to keep everything in mind and the thing with my parents...", I sighed.

He let go of me and was standing right behind me now. He put his fingers on my temples, I had briefly stopped, and began messaging them again. I leaned my head back against his abs and enjoyed the good feeling as he placed a kiss on my head.

"It will be alright, I know we can do this", he whispered.

He went on for a couple of minutes but then I put his hands away from my temples and stood up leading him to my bed (ik what you think now perverts). We layed down and without a word I put my head against his chest and he wrapped his arms around me. This was one of the best moments of my life, not because it was cute or I liked him or smth but because we didn't need words to communicate, he didn't complain and just let me be exhausted and that made the moment so special. 

A/N
Still nothing to say :P