Listen To Me *Court*

"Shhhhhh!" I giggled as I pulled Harry up the stairs toward my bedroom. He chuckled softly behind me. I held my index finger to my lips but continued to giggle none the less. I pushed my bedroom door open and pulled him inside.

"I feel like James Bond." Harry joked, sitting down on the edge of my bed. I rolled my eyes at him as I took off my jacket, hanging it on the knob of my closet door.

"You look like an idiot." I responded, taking a seat next to him. He shot me a sad look. I wrapped my arms around his neck. "Aw, I was kidding. You look very..." I looked him over with a grin. "Very hot." I smirked.

"Do I really? Hmmm, better take off my jacket." He responded. He shrugged out of his jacket, throwing it over on the side of my bed.

"Not what I meant." I began twirling a few of his curls at the nape of his neck around my fingers. He chuckled, placing his hands on my hips.

"I know you just wanted me out of the jacket." He grinned, resting his forehead against mine. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes at him.

"Totally!" I giggled before lifting my lips up to meet his. This was amazing. The absolute best first date of my life! We started leaning back against my bed. Harry only slightly on top of me.

I was literally dying of joy. That is, until I heard my dad clear his throat by the door. Harry and I flew apart like two cats just dowsed with water. My cheeks immediately turned bright red as I caught sight of my father.

"Downstairs. Now." He said in a completely controlled voice. That was always the scariest part. You never knew how angry dad was before he started yelling. That was bad.

I scrambled off of my bed. It was a frantic movement that lead to me nearly face planting the floor. Harry grasped my arm, keeping me up. I shook his arm off, refusing to look him in the eyes.

Let's just say he didn't really appreciate that. He placed his curled index finger under my chin. He lifted my head so that my gaze met his. The blush on my cheeks was still white hot.

"Don't let him keep us apart Courtney. You're eighteen. Stick up for your choices. When he realizes you're happy, he'll be happy." Harry whispered, placing a gentle kiss on my lips.

"Thank you." I muttered, placing my hands on either side if his face. He nodded.

"I SAID NOW!" My father shouted from the bottom of the stairs. I ran down those stairs faster than you can say direction. When I got there Liam, Zayn, and Louis were all already there. Harry appeared behind me.

With a vicious glare dad pointed over to the rest of the boys. Harry moved to stand with his friends. Me stood by myself, under the full weight of my father's glare.

"Did I not make myself clear on my rules?" He questioned in a controlled voice. Crap! I was dead! "I said hanging out as friends was fine. But romantic involvement..." He shot Harry an irritated look.

"Daddy I know what your rules were but..." I began but he cut me off.

"THEN WHY DID YOU DISOBEY THEM?!" He shouted. I bit my lip, attempting not to cry. I hated getting yelled at.

"Daddy I'm..." He didn't even give me the chance to finish.

"If you were sorry you wouldn't have done it in the first place Courtney! I should ship you back to your mother's for this!!" He yelled. That time I did start to cry. I started to sob actually.

I slumped back against the wall and sobbed. The look of anger fell away from my dad's face. All of the boys looked concerned. But I couldn't stop shaking or crying. I was having a panic attack.

"Courtney calm down." My dad said, crouching down next to me. That didn't help. Not at all. I continued to hyperventilate, all though the sobbing had stopped.

I heard one of the boys shout as they ran over to me. He slid down on to the floor next to me. He placed his hands on my shoulders. "Deep breaths Court. In for four, out for four. Think about calm thoughts. Waves on the beach. Butterflies flying. Breath."

I realized that it was Louis who was speaking to me as I followed his instructions. After a few minutes my breathing was back to normal. Without warning I wrapped my arms tightly around Louis and hugged him.

"Thank you." I said in a strangled voice. He nodded and leaned back, standing up. He held out his hand, helping me stand up.

"Are you okay?" Dad asked. I nodded, wiping at my eyes to get rid of the last of my tears. "Courtney, I didn't mean what I said. I would never send you away. You're my daughter and I love you." He stated.

Everyone turned their head toward the door as it opened. There was Niall and Ava smiling like insane people. Then they saw what the scene looked like inside of the house and their smiles faded.

"Listen daddy, I love you too, but Harry makes me happy. I'm eighteen and no matter how hard you try you're not changing my mind. I'm sorry if that makes me sound like a brat but it's true." I said right before I stomped up the stairs to my room.