Chapter 22

"Stop!" Hero shouts. "Don't" He cries. I sit up to look at him. I touch his cheeks and his eyes open.

"Shhh" I kiss his cheeks "I'm here, it's okay" I whisper and grab a cup of water. He sits up and starts drinking it. "Hero it's been 5 days since we visited your mom. Since that you've been having nightmares, what's wrong please talk to me"

"It's nothing Alexa, don't worry" He fakes a smile

"Please Hero talk to me, what are your nightmares are about, I want to help you" I look at him in the eyes.

"Don't worry about me" He cups my cheeks "I'm fine" I can see that he is fighting his anger

"I know it's about your dad" I sight and his eyes turn full of anger "what did he do to you? How did he hurt you like that-" I am cut off by an aggressive shouting Hero.

"Enough" He jumps off the bed and puts a pair of jeans and a hoodie on.

"Hero" I get up to grab him but he's stronger. He storms out the door and shuts it behind him "Fuck" I yell.

It's 3 in the morning where could he go? It's Wednesday, I'm sure I won't be able to go back to sleep. On Monday my Literature teacher didn't come which I'm thankful  because I haven't finished my essay. I have time to do it now.

-

My classes are over, Hero's car is still not here, I've been so worried about him. I haven't payed attention to any of my classes. Synchro is cancelled due the terrible weather. It's way too stormy, no one's allowed to leave the building. I hope Hero is fine.

"Earth to Alexa" Nina says and shakes her hands in front of my face

"Sorry" I look at her and Mercy

"He is fine, don't worry" Mercy says, I told her what happened this morning.

"You haven't eaten anything all day, please eat something. You're already way too skinny you don't need to take a diet" Nina tries to cheer me up by joking. I look at my tray in front of me and push it away.

"I don't feel like eating" I tell them "I just want to see him, and to apologize" I sigh

"You've apologized already 15 times over text, and it's not your fault" Nina says

"He hasn't even seen one of them" I tell her "what if he was in a car accident?" I ask her worried

"Alexa! Stop overthinking, he is fine, he will be back and I'll make sure his ass is kicked" Mercy smiles

"Now start eating and then we could go watch a movie or something to get your mind off  of him" Nina pushes my tray back to me

I ended up taking the food up to my dorm. The girls brought some stuff that could cheer me up. We did some face masks, we drank a bottle of wine together and watched a movie. No one actually watched it, we just talked. I'm already sober. It's 10 pm Nina just left to her dorm and Mercy left an hour ago.

I'm alone and again thinking about Hero. His phone is switched off. Mother of nature decided to hit me and I have terrible cramps and the medicine I took 20 minutes ago doesn't feel like helping me.

The door opens and closes. I jump up and finally see him. His knuckles are freshly busted just like his lips. "What the hell happened to you?" I ask him

"I got into a fight" He says casually

"Come here" I walk in the bathroom. He obeys me which I'm thankful for and he follows me. I sit on the counter. Hero stands in between my legs and I begin cleaning his wounds with a wet towel.

"You really don't need to help me" He says in slightly angry tone. He is still mad at me.

"I want to" I wet the towel again. "I'm sorry for forcing you in the morning" I focus on his knuckles. "You're done" He lifts my head by grabbing my jaw.

"I don't want you to worry about me okay?" He says in a soft tone. His eyes are soft as well "I'm fine" He says and I nod.