27 | grateful for you always

A/N:: These next few chapters will be very long.

-

What I wouldn't give to finally lay in a nice, comfortable bed once more. My eyes stayed shut even as I finally woke, the bitter taste of toothpaste remnants still sitting on top my tongue. For just a little while longer, I wanted to lay there and imagine myself in my own bed.

The breeze seemed to be a little cooler— maybe it was just my imagination. Then the waves felt a little rougher, a much different pattern than what we've experienced the past few days adrift. Still— my eyes were glued shut. I refused to open them and be greeted with my new reality.

I can feel Jungkook shifting awake beneath me. There were little movements, a slight tugging here and there as he tried to pry himself away from me. Then suddenly, he jerked entirely. "Yura," he shakes me. His voice sounded a little too optimistic.

A little punch-worthy too for putting his hands on me.

"What?" I groan, blindly reaching for his waist to tug him back down for me to rest on. While Jungkook slept more uncomfortably than I did, he wasn't at all against me laying up on him. I guess I fed into his little desperation for my touch in order to use it to my own advantage. "Come back, the water's rough again," I whine.

"Look!" He shouts, cupping my face and forcing my lids open.

"Come on, seriously?!" I slap his arm away from my face. It was torture enough to have gone nearly a week without skincare and now I have to endure Jungkook touching me with his unwashed fingers.

Then it hit me.

The sound of birds.

For the longest time I've only ever heard the sounds of the waves and Jungkook's voice. I wasn't so sure that I was capable of comprehending any other sounds anymore until this very moment. Astonished beyond relief, I turn to the direction Jungkook was peering.

Land.

"Holy shit," I clap my hands. I've honestly never felt more awake and more alert. It seems like all of this had been just one big blur of a nightmare. "Hurry, start the engine!" I slap him on the arm. "Hurry, hurry."

The closer we got to land, it became even more massive. The island was perfect in the way that nature naturally was— clearly it was untouched by man, also meaning that no one has probably ever been here. Whether or not it was habitable, I guess we'll soon find out. Worse case scenario is we find a couple of skeletons and then get speared by native islanders.

"There's so many birds, that must mean its habitable for sure!" I point at the many flock of them.

"At least we won't starve."

I turn to scrunch my nose at him in disgust. I wouldn't put it past Jungkook to attempt bird-catching but I doubt he'd work up the nerve to skin it. "I just hope someone finds us before we run out of toothpaste and lotion," I sigh once more. Though the possibility of that was slim, I was now more adamant on rationing the two items. I wasn't sure how to break it to Jungkook who, in fact, used more lotion than any man ever should.

"I know of a natural lubricant you can use," Jungkook turns around just to give me an annoying wink.

"Unless you want my foot up your ass, I suggest you turn around and get us to land."

He grins. "Are you offering?"

I brush off his comment and turn to face the opposite direction that didn't include me staring at his annoying ass, literally. Nothing would ever get done if Jungkook decided that he was going to get into one of those playful moods of his. Especially not with me feeding into it.