30 | will always love you

JUNGKOOK's POV:

It was probably the best I've felt all week— lugging this fat bitch back.

I had to hide in the trees for hours before even managing to spear one down. It took me weeks of target practice just to even hit the target on a moving animal— I wish I would've learned it with the fish.

I was proud of my greatest accomplishment upon coming on this island— other than getting Yura to miraculously kiss me back. In addition to that, I finally got her to open up to me. Needless to say I'll probably have her wrapped around my finger by the end of next month.

Yura— I miss her already.

"Honey, I'm home!" I shout, hoping she'd answer to my calling.

Yura, still sick with whatever stomach virus, had been sleeping through the entire morning. Even when I got ready to catch today's dinner she was asleep. I was starting to get worried since I had absolutely no expertise in the medial field— if only Seokjin had come along with us.

Then again... it would be better if he didn't.

I'm definite that I wouldn't be seeing him again for a very long time, for as long as I could help it anyways. After this is over, I'm making a mental note to write him a letter. I didn't want to lose another friend. Hopefully we could both work past this.

As expected, Yura had just woken up when I stood outside the cave. Her small, plump lips parted as her eyes barely opened. She squinted was she tries to make out what it is that I had brought with me.

At this moment, I was certain that I was attracted to more than her appearances because she looks a literal mess right now.

But then again, her at her worse moments were still beautiful to me— how foolishly in love I was.

"Did you-"

I nod, waiting for her to come check it out since I clearly wasn't going to bring it into the cave. "I found it," I lie.

If Yura knew I actually hunted this thing down, I'd be hearing about it for the rest of our days. However long that would be. For Yura it may not be long with this stomach sickness of hers so I figured I'd cook her up one good meal before the heavens decide to take her back.

Kidding.

But in all seriousness, I wasn't happy seeing her go to bed without a wholesome meal. On the other hand, she kept complaining and it was keeping me up all night.

Yura runs a hand through her long locks as she peers at the dead boar. With a scrunch of her dainty nose and the lift of her top lip, she turns away. "It doesn't look very appealing."

"I'll prepare it for you, don't worry," I gesture for her to go back to bed. "You go on and take another nap," I say in an almost demanding manner.

She makes another face at me and I'm partially inclined to kiss it off. The only thing holding me back is the fact that I'd get slapped for doing that. Yura steps forward to take a closer look at the animal only to quickly backup, squeezing her nose in disgust.

She'd better not be reacting this way after I cook it. And to think I went through all that hard work just for her to reject it.

"If you found it dead then why is there a spear indention in its back?!" Yura points it out.

How did she even-

"Jungkook!" She shouts.

I forgot how much I loved hearing her yell my name— just not in this instance. I actually jumped when she started yelling at me. Yura then proceeds to give me her numerous warnings that I didn't even bother listening to the first time she preached them. I mentally blockaded her words until she looked as though she were finally done speaking.