26 | be realistic

I've waited all day to finally get a change of clothes. Not a bra in sight but at least I had underwear— they weren't the cutest but they would do for the moment being. I sported generic pajamas that all the crew on board were given, courtesy of a very kind woman whom I promised an entire selection of my newest  collection to. Though she wasn't familiar with my brand, I gave her a lengthy introduction which may or may not have convinced her to give me these pajamas. 

After my shower, I walk out to a naked Jungkook splayed about on my bed in an untied, silky black robe. His way of attempting to seduce me— not that it worked, at least not now. He stares mindlessly at the ceiling as he awaited my return, then rolling over on his stomach like an expecting dog once he realizes my presence. If he had a tail it'd be wagging right about now.

"Can I spend the night in here?" Jungkook has the nerve to ask. "I'll sleep on the couch."

"No."

"Then can I sleep on the floor?"

"No."

"How about-"

"There was never really a volcanic eruption, was there?" I finally came to ask.

I'm infuriated with myself for believing him for even a split second. A whole volcanic eruption?! I think there'd be a better chance of the island falling apart than that happening, especially when the majority of surrounding volcanos have been dormant for centuries. Why is it that I still allow myself to fall for everything he says? Sometimes I forget that it's okay not to give in, that it's okay to say no. Yet here I am.

I guess the real question here is: did I even want to?

"No," he answers. I wasn't sure where he found the audacity to act so calmly when I've just caught him in his lie. Maybe he was used to it— knowing that I'll always fall prey to it. There were no serious repercussions and he took advantage of it.

It's my fault. I do this to myself.

Come on Yura. Do better.

"I've got your dinner," he says.

I pray to god he wasn't referring to himself.

Jungkook leans over toward the opposite direction and extends his arm toward the small layered cart. Both tiers had silver coverings on top all the plates and bowls. To my relief, after Jungkook had finished setting up the tray on the bed, he tied up his robe and sat on one of the chairs across the room.

All foreign island foods that I never seen or heard of before. But I suppose it's contents seemed familiar.

Not one to deny a nice meal, I kindly complied with his offer and ate the night away while Jungkook watched. Bite after bite, he stared harder than ever. With each second passing, his eyeballs were on the near verge of popping out of his sockets. I wasn't sure if he was trying to play a game with me or make a point— it definitely wasn't working.

"Why do you keep looking at me?" I say through a mouthful of rice. I pretend not to notice a fraction of it slip through my lips.

Jungkook leans forward in his chair. "I haven't seen you for years, can't you just allow me this?"

I narrow my eyes. "And what exactly do you think you're doing?"

"Admiring you," he gives me a finger-heart.

At that moment, I thought my heart exploded. But something else did, in fact, explode. It caused the whole entire boat to shake and everything that wasn't nailed down went flying across the room— me included. I was catapulted to the wall, my arm taking most of the hit. It felt like all of the wind had gotten knocked out of me.