Chapter 13

Juliet

You know that feeling of absolute and utter confusion? Where you don't know what is going on around you so you just stare at random things like it was going to come out and tell you what's what?

That's exactly how I was feeling as I stood in front of my locker, staring at my French book like I expected it to give me an answer to all of my questions.

And I was feeling this way because of what happened yesterday. My mind was a jumble of a million different thoughts swimming around and trying to push to the surface to be spoken out loud.

Our lips molded together passionately, taking our grief and trying to get rid of it by attacking each other's skin. I was consumed by him. His scent. His strong hands holding me against him. His presance.

His tongue slid gently accross my bottom lip, making me lean more into him.

His kiss brought a sense of peace in me I haven't felt in a long, long time. As I kissed him, I forgot about everything. I forgot about my parents. I forgot about Jason. I forgot about Julian.

In that moment... it was just Noah and I.

Untill he pulled away abruptly, looking at me like I've just offended him somehow. He looked shocked and... scared?

Before I could say something to him he spun around and stormed away, dissapearing in the light drizzle of rain that was still falling from the grey, clouded sky.

"So? How was it?" Ev brought me out of my thoughts. I blinked a couple of times and stared at him in shock.

Was he talking about my kiss with Noah? How could he possibly know about that? I haven't told anyone!

"What? How was what?" I asked quickly, trying to keep the panic from showing on my face.

Ev raised an eyebrow studying my face curiously. "The tutoring session with Noah...?" He asked in an unsure tone.

I laughed, relieaved that I haven't been caught. "Right. Of course. What else?" I mumbled, grabbing my books and shutting my locker.

"Yeah so how was it?" He asked again.

"Please just tell him. He's been hammering on and on about it ever since you told us about it." Vee said, studying the nails on her fingers in a bored manner.

I laughed softly and shook my head as we started walking through the hall to my first class.

"Well... there wasn't a session. He left after about 10 minutes." I said, shrugging my shoulders and hugging my books to my chest.

"Why?" Ev asked as he positioned his glasses perfectly on the bridge of his nose. The bruise on his cheek was a little lighter then it was yesterday, but it was still pretty obvious he was hit.

"I don't really know. He saw a photo of Julian and freaked out." I explained.

Ve started to say something, but I spotted Noah turning the corner ahead and my breath got caught in my throat.

He was walking this way, probably to skip class since our first period was french.

Was he going to talk to me? Was he going to clear up what happened yesterday? Was he going to kiss me again and declare his undying love for me in front of everyone here?

It was like time moved in slow motion. The noise around me turned into white static as he came closer.

And when he walked past me without even sparing me a glance, my heart plummeted to the ground at my feet. I frowned deeply and glanced back at him to see him walk out of the front doors of the school.