Chapter 15

Juliet

"Rose said dinner will be ready in an hour." I told everyone who was still talking in the front hall.

They turned to me and nodded simultaniously.

"Well we are going to put on more comfortable clothes. We'll see you kids at dinner." My mom said as her and my dad walked up the stairs.

I turned to Noah who was glaring down at me.

"What did I do now?" I spat, slightly irretated by the presence of my parents.

"You could have told your parents I can't stay." He shot.

"And ruin the first happy mood my mother has been in in two years? No." I said.

He sighed heavily and folded his arms over his chest. "Okay so now what do we do for an hour?"

I bit my bottom lip and glanced around at the furniture like it was going to give me an answer. An idea popped into my head then and I smiled satisfied.

Thank you furniture.

"Do you want to go see Julian's room?" I asked.

I know Julian was a sore topic for him. Especially if I was the one who brought it up, but this time Noah didn't flinch at the mention of his name. So I geuss that was a good sign.

Noah studied me carefully and pursed his lips. Then he did something that shocked me. He nodded.

I gave him a small smile and walked over to the stairs.

"Come on." I said softly and led him up to my brother's room.

We stopped in front of the closed door and I breathed deeply, trying to rid myself of the nerves I felt like I always did when I stood here.

For a year after Julian died I couldn't go inside. I always came up close to the door and stood here for hours trying to muster up the courage to go inside. After that year I could finally go in and sit on his bed.

What I usually did was lie down on his bed crying untill I fell asleep at some point.

"Are you okay?" Noah asked pulling me from my thoughts.

He had a look of concern on his face, but I could tell he was trying not to be mad at me.

For someone who blamed me for his best friend's death, he was being real nice lately.

"Yes. I'm fine." I said and with a shaky hand I opened the door.

Julian's room was still exactly how he left it before he died. Blue curtains were pulled back letting in rays of sunlight.

His blue and white comforter was neatly pulled over the bed. Trophies and pictures cluttered over the racks nailed to his wall as well as football stars he was obsessed with.

His tv and xbox was still in the far left corner of the room with his blue beanbag chair strategically placed to get a good view.

Noah sighed heavily beside me as his eyes traveled over the room, taking in every detail his best friend left here.

He walked over to the desk perched tightly against the side wall of the room, and picked up the football that laid there.

"This was signed by our favourite player in the New York Giants." He whispered, turning the ball over to reveal a clumsy signature scribbled over the red leather.

"I remember that." I said softly, watching him carefully.

He could freak out at any moment if the memories were too much for him. I don't know why I thought that bringing him in here was a good idea.