3

Reading the book, my pace was slightly slow as I couldn't quite get used to the alphabet from before, everything looked slightly odd, lacking the cursive feature of the letters they also looked a little blurry so I kept in mind to ask for glasses. Dad had them too.

Immersed in the book, I didn't even notice when a figure walked into the living room and stopped at the entrance, leaning on the wall, observing me silently.

Finally finishing a chapter, I looked at the clock which pointed at 4:10 and sighed, turning my head towards the entrance of the living room and jumped when I saw that young man standing there, dropping the book on the floor and hitting my knee on the glass coffee table during my attempt to stand up, making me fall back on the plush sofa.

"Ssssss..." I hissed, holding my knee but then quickly looking back up, seeing the laughing boy. "Alfie?" I asked hesitantly.

He flinched a little and stopped laughing, looking at me again and then slowly nodded.

"Nice to meet you, elder sister." He said a little stiffly.

I smiled at him lightly. The shadow of the Alfie in my dream was not able to be seen as all I saw was a pure and awkward child. Probably because his mother wasn't around him?

"Ahaha... I've shown you an embarrassing sight. Come and sit down with me." I beckoned him over lightly as he obediently sat down on the sofa opposite me. "Let's have a chat. I've been a sleep for quite a while so I haven't spoken to much people."

"Elder sister, are you feeling okay now?" He asked, looking cautiously at me.

"Hmm. But my surroundings feel quite strange to me. Even sitting in the car was unbearable. Say, is the local school within walking distance?" Sitting slightly forwards, leaning towards him.

If I had to take a car or bus to school I would never make it back alive...

"Pfft..." Alfie began to laugh again as he watched my anxious face. "Don't worry, although it is slightly far, it's walkable."

We chatted lightly, and also comfortably as I learnt more and more about him.

Alfie here was actually an orphan that dad had bought back. I guess without the influence of Charlotte, he wouldn't hate me as much as in my dreams.

He was only a year younger than me, 15 years old, yet our heights were completely different. He was abnormally tall whilst I could be seen as a midget in his eyes.

Alfie was also quite scared if whether I would accept him or not because he was adopted, and not related by blood but I couldn't see why he was so worried. In the dream, I was blood related to him through Charlotte, but we didn't get along well AT ALL. Hopefully this time, we could have a relationship like Edmund and Emerald.

We didn't do anything but talk until dad came back home and we got ready for dinner.

Dad looked slightly exhausted when he stepped through the doors but after freshening up a bit, he looked a bit better and more relaxed.

"Welcome home, dad." Alfie and I both said as he nodded at us with a smile.

"I'm happy that both of you are getting along well." He said, rubbing my head lightly.

"I'm happy too!" I said, linking arms with my little brother. "We are going to the same school right?"

"Yes. Luckily next year Alfie is moving up to high school first year. You will enter directly at your second year so you will have him to protect you. If there is anything you don't understand, pester him immediately."

"Yes sir! But dadddd! Why does he have to be the one protecting me? I'm the older sister so wouldn't it make sense if I was the one who was beating up all the bullies for him?"

"Heh. Look at these muscles. What can you do?" Alfie smirk, holding up my twig arms.

"You little! I just woke up okay! Don't expect me to be a macho woman! But just you watch, I'll be stronger than you by the time I graduate!!" I said, pinching his cheeks.

Funny thing was, I had to stay on my tippy toes because of how tall he was.

I scrunched my nose. Unfair.

"I hope you don't have to repeat years during the process." He mocked again, as he ran off quickly before I could land a mighty punch on him.

"You! ALFIE WAIT RIGHT THERE FOR ME!!" I yelled, chasing after him as dad's distant laughter made me smile unconsciously.

This was the family that I am satisfied with.

In the following days, Alfie had went to school, dad had went to work and I was homeschooled, learning new things as days go by. My worst subjects were history and geography. Honestly the world in my dream and reality were so different it couldn't be helped.

Everyday, Alfie will come home straight after school to accompany me and we developed a strong bond as the whole family got along harmoniously.

My cousin, Ted also occasionally visited. When I granted the nickname Teddy again, his handsome face twisted abnormally with dread as he immediately begged me not to call him that. Nevertheless, it's not as if he does anything to me when I call him that.

Alfie was also given the name Fifi by me. The face he made when I first called him that mirrored Ted so I laughed hard and continued to torture him with the cute name.

When dad heard of the name, he approved whilst laughing sadistically and began to talk about changing Alfie's legal name into Fifi which made Alfie turn pale in an instant.

Our days were simplistic and repetitive yet it was really enjoyable.

On weekends, we would go out for a family day when we went shopping and had food together. Sometimes dad was busy, but me and Alfie always went out together. I also got my stylish spectacles that matched dad.

I was intrigued by the shopping centre with all sorts of things. I had already gotten used to buying things using a catalogue that it was refreshing to pick out the things that caught my eye.

In a blink of an eye, I became accustomed to daily life and finally, the day where I would enter school had come.