14

Returning back home after the movie. Alfie decided to give me a personal life lesson.

It took several hours until dad had come home and I begged him to save me.

Honestly I was grateful for his lesson, but still, he was nagging me a bit too much, repeating the same things over again and again, treating me like a child.

Although my EQ is low, my IQ is still high! I think?

As we gathered around the dining table for dinner, Alfie was complaining to dad about my ignorance as dad was only laughing lightheartedly when he heard about what I said in the outing.

"Enough of that. Your sister is just not too used to her lifestyle right now, don't be too strict. Over the half year, we have only been teacher her academics and not about social norms itself. I'm counting on you, Alfie, to look out for your sister." Dad gently said. "Anyways, I hope you are ready for the hospital visit tomorrow, Ariella. Your monthly check up is tomorrow. I'll be going with you since it'll be Tuesday and Alfie will be going to school. "

I nodded, as I took my last bite and then held up the glass of juice to sip slowly.

After having some tea, Alfie went to his room to finish his homework whilst I had already finished mine in school. Although it may not seem like it, I was very productive with my time.

Dad sat on the chair opposite me as we moved towards the living room to relax a bit.

"How are you getting along with everyday? Alfie seems to be very happy about your progress." He snickered a little.

"I think it's going well too! I really like the city and shops and all sorts of food and school is really nice too! All sorts of people and all sorts of new things. But it would be better if you would let me do P.E. though... I also wanted to join the karate club, but because of your restriction, they won't let me join at all!"

"There's nothing that special about running around and fighting. It's only tiring." He tried to persuade me otherwise.

"It's pretty boring though... Sitting out when everyone is running about."

"Be patient for a bit longer. Soon you can do whatever you want, I won't stop you."

"You're a really bad person! You won't stop me if I would beat someone up?" I pouted, wanting to make him a little flustered.

"But you should know by now that it isn't good?"

"And? What if they bully me? Am I not allowed to bully them back?"

"Go ahead. I'll covered for you! Get Alfie to stand on lookout too, in case a teacher or anyone comes and find you." He said softly.

I looked at him weirdly as he calmly encouraged my violent thoughts. He saw me and gave his usual gentle smile.

"Ariella, it's not as if I'm encouraging you to be a bad person, but I just want you to whatever you want to make up for your lost years. Just do what you want after a couple more months."

Nodding, I looked down slightly to hide my smile. I was grateful for such a caring and loving family right after I had returned.

🌸🌸🌸

The next morning, I woke up a little later than usual, as the morning sun was high up and blazing. It was quite a hot day today.

Slipping out of the soft and expansive bed, I sleepily and slowly walked to the bathroom connected to my room and got ready, waking myself up under the lukewarm water.

When I came out, I was wearing a light, flowy, white dress with small floral patterns and I made my way downstairs to find Aunt Paula setting breakfast on the table.

Aunt Paula was Alfie's nanny that helped raise him and she had a stable standing in the family, as she made light dishes for us from time to time and she was also the one who took care after Alfie and my rooms.

"Aunt Paula! Did Alfie and dad leave?" I asked her politely as I looked around the quiet house where only maids were roaming around doing their jobs.

"You've woken, Young Miss! Come and have your breakfast. Young Master has headed out for school a while ago and Master has quickly headed to the company to set up everything and for a small meeting. Master should be back soon to take you for your checkup." She explained with her elderly and gentle voice.

I nodded and slipped into the seat, helping myself to the pancakes that were set out on the table and the glass of orange juice.

By the time I was almost done, the door opened and dad came into the dining room to take a seat and wait for me as I ate a little quicker.

After I finished the last bite, Aunt Paula came to take the plates and glass away as I stood up with dad and prepared to go out, slipping on my sandals and wearing the wide sun hat.

I wasn't too good with too much direct contact with the sun yet. It seemed to make me dizzy and slightly faint.

Together, dad and I walked towards the closest private hospital which was quite nearby for the people that were living in the suburbs like us. It was built specifically for a rich person that used to live nearby that had a weak body but now that person had passed away, the hospital opened up for the people living nearby.

Stepping into the quiet and calming atmosphere, as we were led into a room by a nurse and the usual doctor did his usual thing, taking some blood tests and given some reaction tests and whatever.

"We'll send the results to your house as usual. There seems to be no problems at all and you seem to be getting used to it. Live your life to your fullest, Ariella." The doctor smiled as he led us out.

"I will!"