25

After a while, I asked the rich young lady to apologise to me and Queenie. Since she couldn't say anything against me, I might as well stop wasting my time here.

"I-I-I..." The girl stuttered, her eyes looking around as she occasionally looked at Edward pleadingly.

Like usual, he had his bored expression on his face, scrolling through his phone without a care.

"You... Who are you?" She then asked, making me raise my brow.

"Me? My name is Ariella Ignes, although that wouldn't have anything to do with you. I don't really socialise with your kind... Dad and Alfie has never allowed me to step into high society." I explained calmly.

No matter what, I had always kept in mind that dad was a rich person and he was quite a high ranking person in high society as the CEO of one of the leading technological companies.

Especially in a society today, where technology was the most thriving industry, dad was, without a doubt, one of the leaders of the country's economy. The only thing he lacked was his roots. He was a new rising power. His claws in the cake was not that deep yet.

"Ignes..." Kaylie thought for a while. Of course the name was unfamiliar to her, after all, I haven't appeared in public before, but my last name caught her ear. As expected as a person who acted high and mighty, she knew her last names well. "Astral Technologies!"

Without much hesitation anymore, she got up and bowed her head.

"I'm sorry for acting arrogant and unaware of the world! I won't make this mistake again so..."

I knew her words were pretty hollow. There was no way such an arrogant and ignorant girl like this Kaylie Lister could change so easily. Her face has only changed because she realised that the person sitting opposite her was above what she can provoke.

Although her words were empty, I didn't want to waste too much time anymore so I nodded and waved the pair away to which they quickly left the shop without any hesitation.

Letting out a sigh, I held my head. For once I was glad that dad didn't pull me into high society.

"Miss! This servant is sorry for being so useless and attracting trouble!" Queenie immediately stepped forth and kneeled down, making me a little shocked as I leant forwards to help her up.

"These things are bound to happen every now and then. Don't let it get to you, Queenie. It seems that you are too magnificent and was about to get accounted away!" A joked a little, holding onto her arm until she stood up properly. Her face still had a sad and apologetic expression. "It's really okay."

"Miss Ignes, I would like to apologise for my companions' rude behaviour. We'll buy a dress for you as compensation." A beautiful and cute middle aged woman voiced out as she caught my attention. "Oh yes, the two dresses before looked wonderful. How about I buy them for you?"

"No, no, Madam, you were not at fault at all, so please don't take responsibility for other's actions." I replied humbly as I smiled charmingly.

Future mother-in-law... Have to give a good impression... (^^)

"Gosh, I have really ruined the day. It was my bad sight for accompanying those two. I even dragged you in, Edward. Forgive your poor mother?" She grabbed onto her son's hand as she made sure that he was no longer focusing on his phone.

"Mum. It was nothing. Next time, let's not force me to accompany other women, okay?" He asked with a bright smile. He was really getting things his way. I thought that I should learn after him after seeing his mother tearfully nod.

"Speaking of which. Now, I don't have a partner at tonight's party." He said, slyly making a couple glances at me. "Can't you come?"

It took a few moments to react, until the words sunk into me and my eyes widened, my finger pointing at my own face. He simply gave a nod.

"I doubt that my dad and Alfie will let me though?"

"Alfie will be there. It's fine. And." Fiddling with his phone a little, he showed me the screen where the chat interface was shown. "I've already told them."

Looking at the proof of permission from my family, I looked a little conflicted.

How did he get permission so easily? Dad usually tries his best to make me stay at home as much as possible lately due to my fainting spell...

"What trick did you use?" I asked with a sceptical gaze.

He playfully shrugged his shoulders, making me boldly go up to him and messed up his neat, combed hair into the usual scruffy mess. Actually it was messier than usual but...

He grabbed onto my arms and dragged me out of the drawing room.

"Let's get a nice dress for today's party then, shall we?" He asked, pulling me to the section with cute party dresses and then browsing the shelves.

Letting out a sigh, I let him have his fun and also chose a dress for the piano competition.

🌸🌸🌸

The three of us, Edward, his mum and myself went out to have some lunch at a nearby restaurant before we sent his mum home and headed to the party venue.

Honestly, I was feeling sick.

It was due to the nerves or anything. It was the damned car...

As my body swayed with the motions of the car, and I did my best to smile until Edward's mother alighted the car at a fancy mansion that was as big as my own home but it had a different sense of extravagance.

Nonetheless, I was in no mood to marvel the view.

Gripping the pastel coloured party dress, my body was slightly shaking as I closed my eyes to try and think on something else that isn't the car or my sickness.

"Are you okay?" Edward chuckled. Pulling me to lie on his shoulder. "Sleep a bit?"

I froze a bit.

Sleep... A... Bit?

How?

My IQ flew out the window upon touching his warm shoulder.