23

The next day, Ms Yvonne was please to see the fully filled form as she quickly took it and gathered the participating students around for a quick briefing.

After, I decided to stay a little to decide the tune I wanted to play and also to practice it a bit. It seemed that this competition let self-composed songs be played so I wanted to play a tune from the dream world. It wasn't an official piece here, so I classified it as self-composed.

Sorry for stealing the credits... Teehee!

From then on, I dedicated myself, half to my studies, but also half to the piano, where I found my passion growing after every note.

At breaks and lunch, I would disappear quickly after a quick chat with the others so I wasn't able to talk to them much, but I suppose I didn't feel much loneliness.

I didn't regret choosing to take a step further at all.

Absorbed in the tune that danced around me, I didn't notice a person, leaning on the doorframe, listening peacefully at the piece.

When I played the last note, I exhaled heavily and let out a soft smile. I was really at peace around the piano.

"It's a good piece." A deep and enthralling voice came from the door as his slow and heavy claps rung in my ears. "Did you make it?"

"No. I was lent it." I immediately denied. No matter how shameless I was, I wouldn't take other people's effort for granted. Even if I did, these lies will surely backfire in the future if they realise my true musical ability that is below the capabilities of composing such a magical tune.

"I see. But the way you played it really shows me how much you love music. It was wonderful." He praised.

Bashfully looking down, I fiddled with my fingers. These slender fingers that helped me play were smooth and soft, as if it hadn't done any hard labour whatsoever and it was true.

I guess these fingers were my treasures.

"You helped me take a step forwards, thank you for your help!" I said happily as I came before him. Clearly I was a head shorter compared to him, who was one of the tallest boys in the school but somehow I felt that it was very fitting, me looking up at him like this.

He didn't say anything back but simply patted me on the head lightly.

We both smiled beside the grand piano, in the silent music room where the sun shined brightly on the clean and wide windows, creating a warm atmosphere.

🌸🌸🌸

This weekend, I decided to go and take a break with Alfie for once.

But... He rejected my offer in the outing.

Reason: "I have to study."

Who is this person? Usually, Alfie wasn't a fan of studying in the weekends for some reason.

Trudging out of the house with a maid that I was quite close to, Queenie, well, I kind of needed a person that would help me to pick out a dress for the competition.

For these formal competitions in music, I needed a proper dress. It wasn't as if I didn't have any dresses at home, but they all felt quite wrong. Like, some was too extravagant and others were too simple.

I knew that the person following me wasn't only Queenie but also a couple guards that trailed after us with a distance.

Making some small talk, Queenie entertained me along the way as we walked a distance to get to the small but extravagant boutique within the suburbs.

It wasn't crowded, but there was still some customers deep inside the shop which was surprisingly wide.

Dresses for all sorts of occasions was on display as soft music played in the background.

Quickly, an attendant came to greet us as she asked for our preference with a sweet smile. Each word careful and polite.

Smiling back, I told her about my preference as she led us into the shop, towards displays of knee length, simple yet elegant dresses.

Letting us browse lightly, she stood by the side.

"Queenie. What sort of dress do you think will look good?"

"Maybe this bright red dress that really brings out you beautiful skin. Or this green dress that matches your eyes." She picked out carefully as two beautiful dresses were put before me, both with different styles but amazing charm.

I nodded approvingly. Queenie's sense of style was also top notch which was why I requested for her to accompany me. Amongst the maids, she was known as the fashionista. A pity she wasn't a rich lady, or she could have stood at the top of society due to her trend making skills.

"Woah, what good style! Those dresses are beautiful." A bubbly and girly voice spoke up from behind me as a cute girl revealed herself, stroking the dresses before me. "This maid picked these out? Hey, come to my house. I'll pay you double your current wage!"

With a slight frown I looked at the clearly spoilt young lady as Queenie also wore a frown, putting on a troubled face.

She had a low status so she couldn't really afford to offend people and was thinking of how to decline the sudden newcomer.

"My, my, Kaylie! You found a dress you like?" A posh and feminine voice called out as another women came up.

"Mother! I found a wonderful maid that can help me pick out my dress!"

"Hurry up, you've been wondering for ages! This little girl, don't keep Madam and Young Master Light waiting too much!" The woman gentle scolded her little spoilt daughter.

Hearing her words, made my frown deepen slightly more as I turned back to see the three approaching people, my eyes widening in shock.

There stood a gaudy dressed woman with a haughty smile and another woman with a stiff smile on her face, her elegant bearing many times stronger than the woman before her. Then there was the annoyed looking teenager. He turned to face me and looked equally shocked.

Edward.