11

As the bell for break chimed, an audible sigh was heard throughout the class.

"Don't think I didn't hear that! Watch until next lesson I'll give you guys your favourite homework!" Our mathematics teacher happily laughed as there was another groan collectively from the class accept from a few.

I simply laughed. Maths was one of my strong suits. I didn't mind homework at all, and because of that, I was called an alien from Ricky and Amelia.

"Let's go then." Edward said after pulling his bag over his shoulder and I nodded back with a light smile whilst standing up.

Stepping out together, I was feeling slightly giddy as I followed the tall figure through the corridors as I greeted some friends that I had met during the month. Edward was also greeted but he only sent out a small, uninterested nod.

Speeding up my steps a little to walk by his side, I began to think of something trivial to talk about. It was also a chance to know more about him.

"You know, there's a really nice desserts shop that opened in the city that Fifi and I visited yesterday. Do you like sweet stuff? I totally recommend it." I said brightly, trying to look forwards and sound as natural as I could.

"As long as they aren't too sweet then I suppose that desserts are all right." He simply replied.

"Oh then, maybe we can go together with the others some day? There are some nice ones that I think you'll like!" I suggested and waited for a while, as my smile was a bit strained after a couple of minutes silent.

Maybe he doesn't wanna hang out with me more than necessary...

"Just kidding?" I blurted out, trying to save myself from embarrassment.

At that moment, we stopped walking and I looked up at him, biting my lip slightly as he sighed and pointed at the door we were in front of, only to see that we have reached the library.

"If the others feel like it, I won't mind coming along." He said before placing his finger before his lips, gesturing a quiet motion as he slid the door open and stepped in.

So, if it was only the pair of us, he wouldn't bother coming...

Taking a step into the library, the librarian warmly greeted us as Edward led me between the bookcases until there was the literature section and he pulled out a slightly thick book, placing it in my hands.

"Here, let's go now." He smiled slightly as he turned me around by my shoulders and pushed me towards the librarian's desk where we checked out the book.

After we stepped out of the library, he turned to me.

"The library is a nice place to find quiet in this school, and the librarian is also helpful, she has memorised all the books inside the library so if you need anything just ask her, it's the quickest way." He advised. "I come here often when I want some peace. But that's a secret."

As he made another quiet gesture, tilting his head slightly, and I almost visibly swooned.

Why was his cuteness amplified just now?!

Cupping my face just in case I was blushing, I avoided his eyes, as he simply, bent down to peer into my face.

"Oi. What's wrong with you?" He asked, flicking my forehead with a light force.

Puffing my cheeks, I held my forehead. Why does he keep on doing that recently?

I stuffed the book into my bag as I looked back up at him. "There's still time till break ends, wanna go to the cafeteria to get a small snack?" I asked.

He simply nodded and began walking as I ran a bit to keep up to his steps and then began to walk by his side, making small talk occasionally as he would answer back with a single sentence.

At least he didn't ignore me!

🌸🌸🌸

Waiting by the entrance school, I put on my earphones and played a track from the music player and my eyes lit up brightly.

The song had various instruments intertwining with the vocals, creating a wonderful melody. It had a strong charm that was different from the peaceful and elegant piano tunes that I had usually listened to.

There was a funky tune with a simple yet addicting beat. No wonder why people tend to like this type of music.

"Sis? Why are you looking like you are facing a banquet of food? Stop daydreaming!" Alfie came as he waved his hands before my eyes.

"Fifi! You should really listen to this!" I said excitedly, popping the earphone into his ear as he was slightly surprised and held onto the small object that was shoved in his ear without warning and looked at his sister weirdly as normal pop music was flowing out. "Isn't it amazing?! So there was this type of music too?"

I clasped my hands together joyfully as I held onto the remaining earphone as I didn't notice Alfie's wide and speechless eyes.

His eyes that were overwhelmed with sadness, shock and realisation.

If I wasn't so concentrated on the song I would have noticed how he was feeling right now through his blunt and horrified look.

'My sister really was missing a part of this world... There was still effects of the coma that I hadn't realised...'

Clasping his mouth, Alfie looked down at his sister was overwhelming guilt and pity and I didn't even notice that.

"Sis."

"Hmm?" I asked, looking up at him with shining eyes.

"This weekend, let's go out, not for the mall, but for a walk. Don't you want to see more amazing things? I'll show you them." The things that you have missed whilst you were away...

Nodding obliviously, I hugged his arm tightly and joyfully, expressing my excitement as he looked down at me emotionlessly, no excitement in his expression.

🌸🌸🌸

Sis... I will let you become a normal girl again.