4

"Sis, that's not how you put on a tie, come let me help you." Alfie called out as he untied the knot that I had made and fixed the tie into a presentable one.

"Hey, hey Fifi, hurry up! We might be late!" I said, jumping slightly as I patted his shoulder, excitement rising higher and higher.

"Are you sure you don't want me to drive you to your first day of school?" Dad asked, sipping his coffee leisurely.

I frowned and stuck my tongue at him.

"As if! Dad do you want me to lie in the infirmary for my first day at school? Fifi already promised to walk with me everyday to school." Clinging onto my younger brother shamelessly, I dragged him out towards the door. "Well then, we're off!"

"Be careful of the roads!" Dad shouted from the dining table.

"Yeah! We're off!" Alfie said as we walked out together.

"Do you know the way?" I asked, looking around happily.

"Of course. I've been living here for a while so I've passed by it."

"If we get lost, it's your fault."

"We won't."

As we walked and inhaled the fresh air, we joked lightly and also stopped at random spots to look at random things, admiring nature.

"Say sis, if we are going to stop for every insect you see, we really will be late." Alfie sighed as he dragged me onto my feet and pulled me away from the snail.

"Okay, okay. Then let's make a straight line towards school!" I laughed, swinging our arms. He looked at me exhausted already, but there was a hint of gentleness in those bright eyes.

It was quite tiring walking the surprisingly long distance as I gave my bag to Alfie and began to walk listlessly until we saw the huge building come into view and the amount of people wearing the same clothes around us increased.

"Woah... So this is what a school looks like..." I mumbled.

"Sis, if you can't get used to it, don't force yourself." Alfie said a little sternly.

"Hmm. I'll come and find you immediately." I laughed remember dad's words.

"Don't get lost." He laughed back as we entered the gates and walked to the bulletin board to see the class registers stuck on the board.

From the corner of my eye, I could see Alfie sigh in relief as he found his name. Probably his friends from the same middle school were with him in the same class.

I found my name under the 2-B class list and quickly told Alfie as we began to make our way to our classes. Alfie went straight to the second floor first, taking me to class.

"Aww. I wanted to go and send you to class and embarrass you a little." I said, smiling whilst peering at his expression.

"As if I'll give you the chance. And I can't sit in class at peace without knowing that you are where you are meant to be." He glanced at me as he spoke with a smirk.

"Hahhh!" I exhaled heavily, full of exaggeration. "Am I, the elder sibling, that unreliable to my cute Fifi?" Shaking my head full of sadness and regret.

Seeing my antics, he poked my head with a little force. "Don't make too much trouble."

I smiled and nodded as we saw the sign to my classroom and I pointed at it and pushed him away.

"You head on down now. I'll see you after school at the entrance." I said, giving him a wave.

"Are you sure you don't need me to accompany you for lunch?" He asked. I shook my head and gave him a thumbs up, and then I shooed him away.

Turning to the classroom that seemed bustling with people sitting in their groups, I took a deep breath and walked in stiffly, looking around quickly and looking for an empty seat.

Finding one in the middle of the class, I made my way there. Although it was an awkward spot to be in, I still quickly sat down and looked around quietly with my head facing down a bit.

My nerves were eating meeeeee! There is so much people here.

As I rummaged through my bag, I felt a tap on my shoulder as I turned around to see a pretty and confident girl looking at me, her friendly smile directed at me as she held her hand out.

"I haven't seen you before. Nice to meet you, I am Bethany Way. Which school did you come from? It's rare for someone to come in at the second or third year." Her clear voice rang out as I watched her slightly shocked.

Lisbeth?

Taking her hand, I smiled back.

"Ariella Ignes. It's nice to meet you too. Before this... I was homeschooled." I replied with a soft voice, but it was still louder than I thought it would be. At the start, this school atmosphere was very foreign making me really nervous and anxious. Perhaps her resemblance to Lisbeth has made me slightly calmer.

"Woah! Homeschooled? Then you must be quite uncomfortable here? If there is anything that you want to know, feel free to ask me and if you don't have anyone to hang out with, just call me, I'll join you!" She beamed. "Well, I'll be greeting my friends now, see you around!"

I nodded and then returned to pulling out my book as I began to hear murmurs.

"She said she was homeschooled..."

"A rich young lady..."

"Never been to school..."

"Haven't seen her around..."

Feeling my skin prickle, I held onto my book and shuffled slightly, trying to ball myself up. I felt the stares prick against my back and for once, I felt the desire to become invisible.

"Hey." A masculine voice called from my right side, I as I looked up quickly with wide eyes.

He looked back at me slightly bewildered, as if wondering why I was so on edge.

But my eyes only got wider as I saw him. The boy from the hospital...

The boy who resembled Edmund!

"Are you okay?"