Chapter 13: Planet's Natural Wrath

The Wrath of Nature is something that is not to be reckoned with, but as Mother Nature's power is unleashed, what will happen to the Diplomatic Corps? Oh and fun little congratulations, as of [4-30-20], this Story has finally hit 1000 Views, thank you all! Have a cake 🎂

___________________________________

Alnus Federal Commonwealth, Alnus Hill

Construction machines were heard throughout New Philadelphia. The Mayor, who used to be the village elder for Coda Village, is now the proud leader of a new town built for the refugees, while giving respect and honor to the City that the Gate opened up in.

Since the Military mainly controls the Philadelphia area, the Americans decided it would be a good idea to set up the 3 basic emergency services in the main Town. Police, Fire, and Medical Services. Granted, some of the vehicles lent to them were older models, but they still are able to get the job done.

Some of the Police force was made up of the American Military Police, while the rest were genuine police officers. Currently, Officer Ramirez was busy cuffing some Slave Trader that had managed to get into the town. That had been outlawed and repeated MULTIPLE times to people wishing to live in the towns.

Slavery, the Practices of owning Slave, or the business of Slave Trading is forbidden within the Borders of the Alnus Federal Commonwealth. Yet, people don't listen...

The Officer then heard whimpering from an alleyway. It sounded very worrying. "Damn it..." She mutters before shoving the trader in the car, and setting the Slaves Free. She then pointed towards the trader. "You make any attempt to escape, you will be dead on the spot." The man nodded in understanding, the Officer then began to move towards the sounds of whimpering. They were scared and worried. Scared almost as if some horrible monster is going to attack them.

She quickly got her pistol out, and moved forward a bit more. Grabbing and using her flashlight, she scanned the entire Alleyway. She stopped when her light's beam came across people. All of them, bearing familiar Animal features. On instinct, the Officer moved forward, "Hello? New Philadelphia PD, What's wrong?" A cat like one came up to her.

"Miss, Miss, for your safety, get back in your Iron Wagon!" The man bluntly yelled to her. The Officer was confused.

"Sir? Why's that?" Ramirez was concerned. She was probably facing a bunch of junkies but something clicked in her.

Animals always started acting up, that's not unusual. But for them to act in a panic, is a sign. Standing almost as some grave warning. Then it clicked.

"Animals usually don't act like this unless..." Her thoughts were interrupted by a deep shaking. It wasn't from the people, it wasn't from an explosion. No...

The ground beneath her slightly began to crack, causing her and the people to immediately get out of the alleyway in fear of their lives.

Ramirez Heads over to her car immediately, fumbling, she picks up the Radio and clicks it on. "Control! Control! We have an earthquake striking our area! Please, for everything that is holy, prepa-" She ducked behind her car as a stone building's bricks collapsed, causing the building to fall. Part of the debris falling on her car. "ARGH! Dammit! Prepare Red Cross Aid soon!"

Her radio was full of static for a moment, before it squawked back to life, "Copy! We are experiencing it all over our area! Everything from here, to the Capital is being affected! Sit tight!"

Ramirez just picks her radio back up, "Copy! I'll do what I can to help those already hurt!" And then went off to some buildings while immediately trying to get more people out...